AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 29 12345611162126 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting Women on Ageless

Maria Guest

Hunting Women on Ageless

Lately I have noticed something around ageless that has deeply disgusted me and I would like to discuss this with you.

I have seen some guys come to the site, start conversations with some women, then flirt with them, get them very interested, talk about a serious, commited relationship, talk on the phone, spend hours building the illusion, set a date to meet....and disappear.

It's not like a passion that had no continuation because of the difficulties of the virtual world, or discovering incompatibilities, but it's just a cruel technique to seduce and then drop the other person as a used tissue.

I would like to advice especially the female members here to be careful; Ageless has grown and has probably attracted more weirdos than we needed (did we need them?) and although beautiful friendships have been built here, behind the curtains there are people suffering for having trusted too much.

Some people are really sick in this world.

DHShogun Guest
    Just gimme their address, ladies.

"What now? Well let me tell you what now. I'm gonna call a couple pipe-hittin' (another word for homies), who'll go to work on homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. Hear me talkin' hillbilly boy?! I ain't through with you by a **** sight. I'm gonna git Medieval on your ***."

A virtual hug to whoever names what movie that quote is from. Unless you are a man, then you get nothing. Unless I'm reaaaalllly drunk.

nafadda Guest
    "What now? Well let me tell you what now. I'm gonna call a couple pipe-hittin' (another word for homies), who'll go to work on homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. Hear me talkin' hillbilly boy?! I ain't through with you by a **** sight. I'm gonna git Medieval on your ***."

ummmm....Samual L Jackson in Pulp Fiction???????

DHShogun Guest
    Close! It was Ving Rhames in Pulp Fiction. You get a hug anyway.

*hug*

nafadda Guest
    thanks,hugs back ...I did get the movie right at least..

nafadda Guest
    I have seen some guys come to the site, start conversations with some women, then flirt with them, get them very interested, talk about a serious, commited relationship, talk on the phone, spend hours building the illusion, set a date to meet....and disappear.
    this happens like EVERYDAY to someone IRL....why do you think I recommend being friends first.

Genevieve Guest

I have written this to some of my friends..

But I will post publicly here..

I know I'm not some crazy delusional woman.. .. We clicked.
    It wasn't my imagination. We clicked so much, he was going to fly here to see me, spend the weekend with me, bought his plane ticket and everything, the day before he was to fly in, he cancelled, and since then, grew increasingly distant. We had made plans.. and he basically blew me off. He and I spent endless hours online, a few hours here and there on the phone. He TOLD me he liked me, and at one point even mentioned about how if it worked out, he'd move here. I advised him not to make a rash decision, and to think about it carefully, to meet first, see how things went. How could I have misinterpreted that? Maybe I shouldn't have taken most of what he said to heart, but it meant something to me.

Was I that bad? That stupid? That lonely? I thought I had been a friend to him. Afterward, I just felt like a complete idiot. Made me wonder, if all the hours I had spent talking with him up until the wee hours of the night were all for nothing.. just a waste. I decided to leave him alone, and not contact him anymore. I guess there is not much else I can do anyway. It hurt, but it's not the worst thing that's ever happened to me. And the more I think of it.. the more it seems a ****ty thing to do to someone. I let it go, because I wanted to keep my head up, and move on.. and because I'm better than that. And as a friend of mine said.. to tell myself that it's not me.

I am too gullible, perhaps. I like to think the best of people. I have no reason to lie to anyone, but I am learning that not all people mean what they say, or say what they mean... or only mean what they say at that moment. It's too bad, because I'm not like that, I like to have faith in people, and I try not to say anything I don't mean.. at any moment.

Some people think that you cannot develop friendships or have feelings for someone sitting on the other end of a computer screen, a phone line, or a webcam. I disagree. It is not unlike two people who start to care for each other through regular letters, or pen pals. And chatting makes the experience more immediate, and webcam allows you to see a person's facial expressions. It is no substitute for real life meetings, but it's the next best thing.

The question is.. how do you know? How can you tell from online or phone communication, whether someone is sincere? Even after hours of talking with them? What can one do to keep this from happening? This similar situation has happened to me before, and I feel like I never learn. This happens not only on ageless, but in various other chatrooms as well. Perhaps men do this, because they really aren't sure of what they want.. but if that is the case, then say so. Don't lead women to believe otherwise. Be honest about what you want, and what you are looking, or not looking for. It's not that hard, an would save a lot of BS, and games.
    Last edited by Genevieve; 08-08-2003 at 06:39 PM.

DHShogun Guest
    Why the hell wouldn't he at least come to see you? And I know exactly what you mean about the more you think about it the more you wonder how someone could be such an *** to do something like that to someone. Man that always bothers me, even thinking logically. If it didn't work out at least you got to spend a weekend with a gorgeous woman.

Tru Guest

Gen

I wish I could give you a hug! (((((HUG))))) You are not crazy or delusional and it was not your imagination! You were not bad or stupid (dang, I think you have some of the wittiest posts here). You were and are a kind, sane, bright, beautiful and maybe gullible but that means trusting and that is a good thing to be.

I wish I knew Nuno's phone number....I am sure he would give one of his biggest fans a call to cheer her up. Here is a link to make you smile. http://www.nuno-bettencourt.com/Fanattic.html

dakota_318 Guest
    if i were you gen i wouldnt look at myself as the problem with the situation,seems to me people can be who and what they wanna be because of the distance or the security of knowing they can just click a button and can go away,i too have had a chat relationship for 2 years with someone that lived in alabama and when she requested that maybe we could meet she finally opened up about alot of the things she had said that she had made up,i felt almost i didnt even know her after finding out,she told me she never would have thought she would feel so strongly towards anyone online because of the non physical connection,i tried to keep our relationship together but the more and more we chatted the more i distanced myself because of the lies she had told me,we may write once in awhile but i feel betrayed because i was open to her and she was closed to me.i too never thought i could get emotionaly attached to someone online,come to find out it was with an imaginary person,that situation is the one reason i found myself here,hopeing to find someone near by to hang out with.but every situation may have different causes.he may have gotten scared,people may try and talk him out of doing it,atleast he could have done was explain to you why he did what he did,that only the right thing to do.keep smiling!!!!robert

nafadda Guest
    How could I have misinterpreted that? Maybe I shouldn't have taken most of what he said to heart, but it meant something to me.
    because you really didn't know him,you wanted to beleive what he said and just as in real life....people are NOT always honest,and even more so over the internet where anyone can say anything and it's harder to find the truth out.that's not saying everyone lies,but it is saying just because someone say's it doesn;t mean it's true.

and if you learn from it(same as IRL)then all was not lost.

Was I that bad? That stupid? That lonely? I thought I had been a friend to him

No you weren't stupid,just too trusting...you saw what you wanted to see and heard what you wanted to hear......and the word friend is a very misused word,an aquaintence maybe,but a friend would not have done that to another friend(what he did to you)friendship takes time,the time to really know someone.I am not trying to be harsh,just be a realist about this and I am sorry for your pain.

The question is.. how do you know? How can you tell from online or phone communication, whether someone is sincere? What can one do to keep this from happening?
    you don't know,just as in real life.all you can do is protect yourself,that does not mean become jaded or bitter,it means don't beleive everything someone says at first.

Don't lead women to believe otherwise. Be honest about what you want, and what you are looking, or not looking for. It's not that hard, an would save a lot of BS, and games.
    I posted last month about a book called "Anyone you want me to be",about a guy who lied to woman over the net and met them and ,telling them whatever they wanted to hear,except he killed them when he met them.I didn't post it to scare woman,or any reason other then then thinking that being that there are woman on here that do that,that it was to advise them to be cautious.I don't think from the responses my post about this book went over real well.I guess people just didn't get it .I know good relationships can be made over the internet,a good friend of mine met her husband on the net,Snow met a great guy on here...I have just stressed since I've been here to be careful,don't beleive everything someone say's just because they say it's so,just as IRL.take the time to REALLY know someone.

learn from it and don't blame yourself for wanting something you thought would be a good thing.....

Md Guest
    *Rayne starts to make voodoo dolls*
    Yup for those that intentialy hurt ppl, what do you lack so muc yourself internaly that you have to seek out twisting other pls hearts and souls?
    Well I have the dolls now a few names on them *Proceeds to poke the pins in certain areas of the dolls*

*warning*
    Me myself and I, don't share the same views as rayne in voodoodoll poking* I think a cybermonser invader her way of typing*

Warm hugz to those that have been stuck in someones nasty ways*

Maria Guest
    The sad thing, Gen, is that this thread was not even inspired by your situation, which I didn't know until now, but by others'. It seems that some guys are doing this and women are embarassed to talk about.

I want those dolls, please, Midnite...I am a natural witch...

Md Guest
    *Rayne, makes a few dolls for Maria, here you go, I made a few extra for those you wish to share them with, we don't want them getting in the wrong hands!*

singalou Guest
    It is scary ladies...ive met some of the best friends of my life through the internet...but it IS remarkably sad that there ARE weirdos out there...peeps that SAY things just to lure women. We are NOT unintelligent women...in fact, id say that the women on this board are some of the most intelligent, compassionate women i have ever had the priviledge of knowing. We all need reminders that this IS a public forum...where anyone, for any purpose can come and post....to be careful and be safe when we allow others into our private lives....there are some like me who still choose to think that humanity IS GOOD....i will be one of those that constantly get hurt from loving.....but the choice not to love...isnt in my dictionary Someday, that will be a GOOD thing for me love, Darla

Page 1 of 29 12345611162126 ... LastLast