AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

View Poll Results: How big is (was) your age gap?

Voters
1155. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1- 5 years

24 2.08%
  • 6-10 years

143 12.38%
  • 11-15 years

281 24.33%
  • 16-20 years

321 27.79%
  • 21-25 years

193 16.71%
  • 26-30 years

110 9.52%
  • over 30 years

83 7.19%
Page 1 of 26 123456111621 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How BIG is your Age Gap?

special K is offline dedicated member :-)

How BIG is your Age Gap?

I know this has been asked before and in various eras of the life of the ageless site...but after reading the thread asking us to define what an age gap actually is (2 years, 10 years, 20 years), I thought it would be good to poll the current membership of the site (new and old) to get a feel for the demographics here now.

In my own observations over the years here it seems that those with "tiny" age differences (1-9 years) don't hang around the boards as long. This could imply that their age difference carries less "issues", therefore needing less advice/support. Of course, it could mean something else entirely, but I think I'll hold it as a theory now for a while.

Anyway, if you are currently in a Younger man/Older Woman relationship or dating...or HAVE been in an AG relationship, please let us know the numbers. Lurkers, visitors, and members....everyone respond to the poll, please?

And for the purpose of wondering about the specific ow/ym demographics in this part of the forum, please only vote in the poll if you are (or were) in an older woman / younger man relationship.
    My last AGR had a 25 year dif....my current one is 22+ years....
    Last edited by special K; 05-12-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    "What the caterpillar sees as the end of the world, the butterfly calls wings."

silverbutterfly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by special K

Anyway, if you are currently in a relationship or dating...or HAVE been in an AG relationship, please let us know the numbers. Lurkers, visitors, and members....everyone respond to the poll, please?

My last AGR had a 25 year dif....my current one is 23 years....

I share the same 23 year difference special k...and if it's not too personal I'd like to ask, was there any one thing age gap related in your relationship that was difficult to resolve?

Kristin is offline Senior Member
    Thirteen years here.

No real AG issues yet - other than my own insecurities!

Harrison Guest

Nice Poll!

Quote Originally Posted by special K
    ....Anyway, if you are currently in a relationship or dating...or HAVE been in an AG relationship, please let us know the numbers.....
    Hi, Karen....

Well, I'm 36 and married to a 51 year old wife.

I checked the 16-20 group since she'll be 52 in a few months. Interesting that so far, our little 16-20 grouping is the biggest one in the poll.

Previous gaps? As a single man, I was 30 and dating a 32-year-old.

greeneyedgirl is offline Senior Member
    while my current relationship doesn't actually qualify me to be here, just try and get rid of me, since my man will be 35 in july and i'm 33........i'll go with what brought me here....
    he 18 and i 32 at the time.

oh gawd, MATH!
    ~Stupid people shouldn't breathe~

~Denial is the first step toward recovery~

~It will feel better once it stops hurting~

catlover is offline Senior Member
    22 years

I did have to explain what a 'stewardess' was, and why they used to wear those goofy outfits

Buffeaut Guest
    19 years and 4 months.

thesedays Guest
    9 years here ..............me 34, him just turned 25 .........but it does seem to get smaller as the months fly by

Crayon Guest
    18 years difference here (and I couldn't be happier) .. my previous relationships my BF was 2 years younger and my ex-husband was 2 1/2 years older than me

marcy Guest
    18 years today and 17 years on June 12

Hot4Ryan Guest
    19 years to-the-day! Ryan and I share the same birthday.

This month our little girl will be born... and at that point... I'll be older than the combined ages of my husband and two daughters... LOL... (We're all okay with whatever creative math our friends want to point out to us )

legallyblonde Guest

My Ex was

24 years younger than me. It just threw him for a loop, I think because he's the personality type who does not go against the grain. You might wonder why he'd even have gone out with me, but I think I was an *experiment* for him. Yes, that realization was painful to go through. Since we've broken up we don't speak, and I walked Downtown yesterday and walked straight past him and neither of us said a word to each other, nor made eye contact. He didn't know how to deal with our situation any other way. And believe me, it's been better not to speak than to have him glare at me angrily the way he'd been for about the last two months.

I've come to realize in the last two months, when I've been working more and haven't been at the library to see or run into him, the importance of No Contact in a really messy situation. It's been a year since I broke up with him, but I've seen him on a daily basis sometimes. We were not friends, to say the least. He's with someone else, and I've been slowly exploring options for dating.

I don't know if I want to have another ym/ow situation in my life. I had to really think about my situation with him and how I gave him a second chance when he cheated and then he just went out and did it again. He's the passive/aggressive type I guess. He's also from Northern Virginia, and the yw I've met here and spoken with about dating them say they're often addictive, narcisistic ********. I've met several yw who were having problems themselves dealing with the younger set. Many of the NOVA yw set have adopted an attitude where they will simply leave a man dead cold who plays head games with them. So age may not be all of what happened in my situation, but it entirely made a difficult scenario even worse.

I say this because in part of where I live currently (did I tell you guys I am moving in with Sara in July? in another city). The UVA students who comprise the largest portion of our town (and it's my alma mater) and it's youth population all have a group think mentality. If others aren't doing it, they won't either. None of them would openly date an older woman with a 24 year age gap. When I was a student there I was 10 years older than my classmates and I wouldn't date any of them! It just wasn't done. Can you see how uptight an environment this small town is? I never thought of it until I fell for someone. And I know from listening to everyone else that it's been the same for many others. It's just not something I'm thinking will work for me.
    Ali

itsallgood Guest

22 years diff.

Our gap is 22 years. My X husband and i had a 12 yr. gap. The current bf is way more mature than the X....Old soul in a youthful body, what a great combo.

Belisama is offline I love being a redhead!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison
    Hi, Karen....

Well, I'm 36 and married to a 51 year old wife.

I checked the 16-20 group since she'll be 52 in a few months. Interesting that so far, our little 16-20 grouping is the biggest one in the poll.

Previous gaps? As a single man, I was 30 and dating a 32-year-old.

Haha - same age gap as ours, Harrison. My husband is 15.5 years younger than I am so, since we're between the two categories, I wasn't sure where to cast my vote, although I think we probably "fit" more into the 16 - 20 gap group.

bubbleee Guest
    Nicely developing bell curve we have developing on the statistics. The median point on the curve is a fairly large gap 16-20 years.

I wonder if it will hold up?

Page 1 of 26 123456111621 ... LastLast