AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Unbelievable, but true!

Lilybart is offline Member

Unbelievable, but true!

I have one child, a son.
    His parents have been divorced since he was 6.
    He is now 20 years old.
    His girlfriend of two years is aged 26.
    My boyfriend is aged 25.
    (*Yes. my boyfriend is younger than my son's girlfriend!!)

Ha-ha-ha! It is a perfect example of how--in my household--there never was, nor ever will be, age-discrimination!

Please share similar stories.

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    My husband is 25. I am 40. My Mother-in-Law is 43. My Father-in-Law (hubby's stepdad) is 30.

His Mom and Step-dad got together when they were 19 and 32. My husband and I got together when we were 18 an 32. They blazed a trail long before I came along so I had little trouble being accepted into the family. They, also, showed my husband that a YM is capable of making a commitment and seeing it through. We are going on 8 years and they're going on 11 years.
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilybart is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    My husband is 25. I am 40. My Mother-in-Law is 43. My Father-in-Law (hubby's step-dad) is 30.

His Mom and Step-dad got together when they were 19 and 32. My husband and I got together when we were 18 an 32. They blazed a trail long before I came along so I had little trouble being accepted into the family. They, also, showed my husband that a YM is capable of making a commitment and seeing it through. We are going on 8 years and they're going on 11 years.
    WOW! All of this perspective...we MUST continue to share in the spotlight for the newbies. You have two generations of AG relationships within the same family that seem to be functioning well.

Do any outside folks have any further questions??
    Mebel and Angel like this.

Mebel is offline OWYM AG 29 yrs
    Hi Lilybart, I can also say, and i am happy to announce that in the 4/5 yrs that we are a couple there has never been any age-discrimination towards us. ( me 54-he 25,,in few weeks both 1 year older )
    Angel and VenusDarkStarLA like this.

RadoG60 is offline Senior Member
    My parents are 10 years apart.
    My aunt and her partner are 20 years apart.

I know thats not exciting, or drastic, but still more then most of society considers "normal".

My OM and I are 32 years apart.
    trolleycar and Mebel like this.

Slow Worm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilybart View Post
    (*Yes. my boyfriend is younger than my son's girlfriend!!)
    Please share similar stories.
    Been there, but a long time ago. In my early 20's I was in a relationship with a woman 27 years older than me. She had a daughter a year older than me and a son two years younger than me. She and I met at university where she, her daughter and I were all studying the same subject. Looking back, I don't recall anyone even commenting on it, let alone it giving rise to any problems.

SW
    Mebel likes this.

AmandaAlice is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm... well my guy is a year older than my mom, and her husband is something like 8-10 years younger than her, not exactly the same but he gets a laugh out of his 'son-in-law' being older than him.
    Mebel likes this.

trolleycar is offline I still play with trains
    I think you find the person that was put on this earth you the age gap should not matter.
    Weather it is the Guy is older the the gal or the other way around.
    I am in a Relationship where I am 35 years older then my GF
    And I am also 9 years older then her mom.
    Only in the very beginning of the Relationship did have any worry about the Age Gap.
    But after about twi weeks I asked my GF to marry me.
    And the only thing that was worrying me was what her at the time 10 YO daughter would say and do.
    I have heard many horror stories about how kids can act with mommy new boy friend.
    and I never have ant thought about what my GF's mom would say.
    It was a little ruff in the beginning. Mom got me on the phone and asked me all kinds of question.
    But now her mom thinks that I am a great guy .
    And my Girl friend told me that her mom told her that she wishes the she that is my GF's mom had met me first.
    And me being a real diplomat kept my big mouth closed .
    When my GF asked did I find her mom attractive I took the 5th amendment so to not get in trouble.
    I came out smelling like a rose every one thinks i Am a great Catch.
    As I always say quit while you are ahead.
    Mebel likes this.

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    My mom is 7 years older than my father my SO is 21 years older than me. My best friend is 10 years older than her boyfriend. I never payed any attention to age gap relationships until I started dating my SO and now it seems that everyone I talk to has gaps, not as significant as mine but my SO doesn't look 46. You can tell there's a gap between us but not 21 years.
    Mebel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilybart View Post
    WOW! All of this perspective...we MUST continue to share in the spotlight for the newbies. You have two generations of AG relationships within the same family that seem to be functioning well.

Do any outside folks have any further questions??
    I admit that I do find humor in the thought that I'm older than our daughter's Grandfather. We made him a Grandpa when he was 24 (and he has been an excellent one).
    chi77, Mebel, xhenli and 1 others like this.

chi77 Guest
    This is a great thread. I don't have anything to add at the moment other than to say more power to you! Angel love that your daughters grandfather is only 24 years older than her, that's awesome.
    Mebel, Lilybart and Angel like this.

Sweetie28 is offline Mark's girl
    My husband's daughter is 20 so technically I am her stepmom and I am 26. If she has kids I will then be grandma lol
    Mebel likes this.

AmandaAlice is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie28 View Post
    My husband's daughter is 20 so technically I am her stepmom and I am 26. If she has kids I will then be grandma lol
    Lol yea, my guy's sons are 21 and 24 and I'm 27. The younger one thinks it's funny, when he's feeling especially stupid he'll crack jokes about it.
    Mebel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chi77 View Post
    This is a great thread. I don't have anything to add at the moment other than to say more power to you! Angel love that your daughters grandfather is only 24 years older than her, that's awesome.
    Thanks!

For a while I was sure my oldest was going to make my husband a young one. He was in a serious relationship that ended late last year. Unless they reconcile, it doesn't look like it will be happening for a while. My oldest two will be 22 and 20 this year and neither seem in any rush to be a dad, which I consider a good thing.

I guess you could add to our situation that my husband is a step-dad at 25 to a 21, 19, and 17 year old.
    Mebel likes this.

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    My husband is older than my dad (by a month) and my mom (by 2 years). My youngest step daughter is 4 years older than I am. My step-grandkids are both older than my own kids.

My husband's mom was 16 years younger than his dad.

I have an aunt who is 15 years younger than her husband.
    Mebel likes this.
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast