AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree25Likes
  • 11 Post By laurad121
  • 5 Post By soul
  • 4 Post By RadoG60
  • 5 Post By CrazyLove

Thread: Back from Miami!

laurad121 is offline Senior Member

Back from Miami!

I had a great trip to Miami with Tom to celebrate his 30th birthday. The beach was spectaular! We went and danced at a dance club SLK recommended (thanks for the tip!) and stayed out that night until 4:30 am!!!! Two YM hit on me there but they were gorgeous and didn't know I was with Tom (both times he was at the bathroom and gone a while since it was packed) so it was flattering! We mostly relaxed, ate good food, drank frozen drinks, swam and made love He told me I am the most amazing woman and things keep getting better and better

I did have one embarrasing moment though.....I was at the hot tub the first day and Tom came over so I told him to get in. He said he had stuff in his pockets and I was teasing him saying " So hurry up! Take the stuff out and get in!" So this man about 45ish says "Oh these young people. They never listen do they? " OMG this man though Tom was my son!!! So it has offically happened to me. All I did was give an akward smile to the man and said nothing. I think he figured out what was going on fairly quickly though. In general the hotel we stayed at (5 star resort) was mostly families (rich husband, beautiful wife and 2 perfect kids) so the first 2 days we got some disapproving and shocked looks from people b/c of our age gap. After that no one cared. However, we never encountered this type of disapproval on such a large level. It was upsetting but we ignored it and didn't let it ruin our time. I got to see one of my best friends who lives in Miami with her husband and kids and had a great night out with them. Her husband is 7 years younger and I never met him before. They have adorable 4 year olds and are a happy AGR couple

So the trip brought us a lot closer and it really was such an amazing time. The hotel staff thought we were married which was interesting! That has never happened before that anyone has thought that. One of my best friends when I told her all about the trip (pretty much what I have said here) she said "Well AGR don't work down the line as the years go by. Over a decade is impossible. " I found this unhelpful and not supportive but whatever I guess

I think Miami overall is an accepting city of whatever goes but just not this hotel even though it was such a wonderful hotel. They really pamper you there and you can smoke on the hotel grounds by the pool, beach and bars and Tom is a smoker and really liked this. But next time we will stay else where maybe...I don't know. The weather was beautiful but back home in NJ we are still waiting for spring to come! I hope everyone had a great Easter or Passover holiday.
    soul, thatoneperson, Mebel and 8 others like this.

soul is offline Senior Member
    Funny how all these unqualified 'other people' who have no experience of an AGR, make themselves self appointed experts.

I'm pleased you & Tom had a nice time, and that it's brought you closer, thats awesome.

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a wonderful trip, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

VenusDarkStarLA is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back Laura! Sounds like you and Tom had a wonderful time, in spite of the negativity. What do they care anyway? I suppose a gay couple would REALLY raise some brows. LOL What a bunch of stuffed shirts.

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back!

I'm glad the two of you had such a lovely trip!

MM
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

RadoG60 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a nice time!

My OM and I found the looks troublesome at first, the more you get, the more fun you have with it. When we get a look we will do something to REALLY give them a reason for that look...then the new look on their face makes us bust out laughing.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    I am glad that you had a great time, and that you liked Mangos.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

CrazyLove is offline Member
    Sometimes trips like that can be so magical Glad you had a wonderful time!

Chris and I are celebrating ten years together next month, married six What do those old fuddy duddies know anyway?

Tam