AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The final curtain call......gooodbye

laurad121 is offline Senior Member

The final curtain call......gooodbye

All after 3 years of dating I broke up with my YM yesterday. It was an agonizing decision that I spent all Friday night making. It was something I should have done a month ago. It boils down to that I deserve more. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do and we both cried. My friend stayed with me all weekend since I was a mess. I won't be dating a YM again even though the age gap was only of the ten issues preventing happiness. I wish you all luck and happiness.......my heart will heal. I will check in from time to time but won't regularly be on the board. Goodbye.......

VenusDarkStarLA is offline Senior Member
    Oh Laura! This news makes me so sad. Out of all couples who post on this site, I had such high regard for the both of you. Your continuing love story gave me so much hope. From what you've told us, this man seemed to genuinely love you.

You say there were other issues that led you to this decision, so I'm just wondering why you would eliminate younger men from your future possibilities. Just because one didn't work, doesn't mean the next young man won't. Honestly, I've tried to join "regular" dating sites, and got very discouraged when, despite my age criteria, I was continually being contacted by older men for whom I had zero attraction.

That doesn't really matter now, does it? I know how it feels to leave a man you're still in love with...or vice versa. It doesn't sound like you've been given the same gift as I have....getting MAD. OR have you? You just seem empty and hopeless. I'm so sorry.

Laura....I'm probably saying all the wrong things, but just know my heart is with you, and no matter what happens, I hope you find happiness.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    I am sorry for what you must be going through. It must have been a tough decision.
    Hugs.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

gorillagirl Guest
    i was so hopeful for you guys. maybe you'll get back together again since you've split up before?
    Devyn likes this.

maryb is offline Member
    Really sorry, Laura, breakups when you love someone are not easy. Sending you best wishes and hugs through cyberspace and hope you find the love and happiness you deserve.
    laurad121 and Mebel like this.

laurad121 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    i was so hopeful for you guys. maybe you'll get back together again since you've split up before?
    No getting back together. This is it. I never broke up with him before. He would withdraw before but never did I initiate it.

gorillagirl Guest
    sorry, laura, i know how much it hurts. xoxo
    Azureth likes this.

Azureth is offline Banned
    Sorry, hope you know not every YM is bad or irresponsible.

1love is offline Senior Member
    So sorry Laura, hope you will find peace as soon as possible. It takes time to heal, give yourself that time. No easy way to get through it.
    I've decided that the stuff falling through the cracks is confetti and I'm having a party! ~Betsy Cañas Garmon

Mebel is offline OWYM AG 29 yrs
    Sorry Laura, sending you all the best wishes through these coming days too, take care, hope to hear how you are in better times here, again!Hugs from holland

Air
    Air is offline Senior Member
    laurad121, I can understand you. An ARG is not for everyone. The younger partner must probably have a maturity that is different from his/her own generation and the older partner must cope with both ambient questioning and often I think one suddenly become more aware of agingproblems as a whole. If there are still feelings between you it probably can be quite emotional to break up but if you as a whole believes that you don't get what you really want out of it so maybe in the long run it would be better to break now than later? Take care of yourself and even though it sounds like a platitude - take one day at a time- it's often the best cure when your're in emotional turmoil.
    Navigare necesse est!

chi77 Guest
    So sorry to hear this Laura. You are an intelligent women, as well as emotionally intelligent, and I'm positive you made this decision after much contemplation. I hope you heal quickly and look back and know you did the right thing. I hopemyounstill have my number and give me a call if you need an undestanding shoulder.
    laurad121 likes this.

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    Great big HUGS for you!
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

walkersam is offline Senior Member
    I am so sorry Laura! I just thought I would check in and this is not what I wanted to hear

Big hugs girl cause you are awesome!!!!
    laurad121 likes this.

soul is offline Senior Member
    Hi Laura,

I'm genuinely sorry to read your update. (I did similar as you some months ago, so I know how much it hurts. I ended up back peddling and going back again, but that's a whole different story. ) I'm sure you haven't made your decision lightly and know exactly what you're doing. You have lots of support here if you need to talk it out your system as well as your real friends, so don't be stranger.

Wishing you much strength for the coming weeks so you heal quickly
    laurad121 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast