AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Third anniversary coming soon

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP

Third anniversary coming soon

My third marriage anniversary will be on August 27th.
    We are buying presents for each other, and we will probably have a nice dinner at a nice restaurant.
    We are thinking of celebrating it ahead of time, because we both have to work on that day and we come home exhausted, not from work, but from fighting traffic.

Honestly, we are not that excited about our anniversary. Of course we are happy to be married but "3" is such a little number, like kinda ridiculous when we have loved each other for 10 years and have been living together for 8. Not to diss people who are just having their 3rd anniversary, it's just that for us the cataclysmic, life-changing event of meeting and falling in love happend a long time ago. Our love has survived quite a few tests over this decade. Marriage was just like a formality. Things have been more serene since then. Less bumpy of a ride. For us the real meaningful anniversary will be Nov 5th, when we met for real 10 years ago.

I will go shopping for his present today. I will let you guys know what I'm getting him.

As a kinda separate item, I will be having a US tourist visa interview soon (Sept. 4th). In the application I mentioned that I am married to an American. I hope that it does not prevent me from getting my visa. I understand that when you say you have a bf in the US, you get denied... now I'm saying I have an American husband in Panama. Oh well, let's see what happens.

Last time I applied for a US visa was in 2003, I was getting ready to meet Nick and I was very nervous. That's what I say that the visa interview is kinda separate, but not really, it's part of the hurdles one deals with when having a relationship with someone from a different country.
    pinkunicorn, Air, Mebel and 2 others like this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    I don't think "3" is a little number. I think like you wrote the fact that you have been together for 10 years and living together for 8 and married for 3 is a real significant thing to be proud of. Just because the marriage is only 3 years old the relationship is not. You should take that date and instead of thinking it's not a significant amount of years but look at everything that has come since that time. Where you guys started, what you've been through and the fact that you are still together, still in love, still going strong. A lot of obstacles and drama tried to break you guys apart but you managed to fight through it and come back together, get married, he's come a long way (still has a ways to go) but it sounds like you guys are heading in the right directions.

I always believe that the amount of time means very little but what does matter is what you have been through together and who is still there.
    SheLikesKitties and mskitty like this.

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    Happy anniversary! Even though it may seem insignificant, it's still an anniversary!

And good luck on your Visa!
    SheLikesKitties likes this.
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

christina923 is offline Senior Member
    happy anniversary!

i was surprised you remember the date of first meeting... i have no clue! but maybe its in the archives here... WR's interview of us perhaps

Thank you all, the day of our first meeting is easy to remember when we met because it's a holiday in Panama, and that's the reason we picked those dates for my trip.
    It's also the year Panama had it's centenial, so the year is easy to remember too.

Unfortunately, we do not have memory or records of when we met online, which would be a neat thing to remember, I just remember it was late May. We pretty much remember the first few lines of our conversation, and that we added each other as friends that day.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

gorillagirl Guest
    The fact that you even POSTED about your anniversary means you **are** seeking kudos from our crowd here (or else you wouldn't have posted it to begin with) so...stop minimizing it and ....have a VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!! You know you want us to acknowledge it!!! So hoooooraaay!!!!

SheLikesKitties and Mebel like this.

Air
    Air is offline Senior Member
    Happy Anniversary I think that you more you celebrate the more fun and happiness you get in life. Have a sweet day together!
    Mebel likes this.
    Navigare necesse est!

Mebel is offline OWYM AG 29 yrs
    Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    For us the real meaningful anniversary will be Nov 5th, when we met for real 10 years ago.
    SLK Hooray!! for your coming marriage jubileum! .
    btw 5 november is our holy date too...

on that day in 2008 we had our first date, after 6 weeks skyping, and (me nervous nervous nervous) saw each other for the first time. First time I heard his voice, soft and low darkbrown and so manly! i have all our datedays for ever archived in agenda's and can reread all our first online chats.
    Last edited by Mebel; 08-24-2013 at 04:50 AM.
    soul and SheLikesKitties like this.

mskitty Guest

happy anniversary to both of you

Happy day slk /nick...doesn't seem like three years has gone by already.. congratulations

debralee is offline Senior Member
    Happy Anniversary!
    ​​"Life is an adventure, not a prison sentence."

maryb is offline Member
    Happy Anniversary to both of you, have a wonderfully special day
    Good luck with the visa, too.
    Mary

Thank you all, Mebel, Nick also has this deep voice that's hmmm, mmmm, mmmmm.

As you all know, Nick teaches ESL mostly one-on-one. Yesterday, I was in this book fair helping a customer in a conference where he was a speaker. After we were done, I decided to roam the fair, feeling a bit guilty because I do not buy physical books anymore, just Kindle, and I was wondering about the future of books. Anyways, I saw they had a stand for an ESL school and I decided to drop by and acquire intelligence about their program and fees, and pass this info to Nick for his program.

So I go in there, and a salesman asks me for my name, I gave him a fake name and number and he is trying to assess my level of English. So he says
    -"Good morning I am Alfred"
    - Hehloh, I ahm Gloria
    - Cómo está su inglés? (How is your English)
    - My eengleesh is veri gud
    Him - (in Spanish) Let's see, tell me one city that starts with W, a country that starts with W, and a color that starts with W
    Me - seety... Wassheenton, contree... Wassheenton, color... color..
    (The guy starts pointing at the white wall behind him)
    Me - wuite!
    Him - How do you say 3 in English?
    Me - Tree
    Him - (in Spanish) Well, your English is very good indeed, but let's assume it's zero, so for that level the plan for you would be... yadah yadah $$...

Ohhh, what one does for love!
    christina923, soul and Mebel like this.

soul is offline Senior Member
    Congrats SLK, Happy anniversary!!

I think you stand as a good ambassador for people to look up to, for many reasons.

For all the nay sayers who say AGR's can't work long term, you've proved them wrong.
    For all the nay sayers who say LDR's can't work, you've proved them wrong.
    For all the nay sayers who say online relationships can't work, you've proved them wrong.
    For all the nay sayers who say, cultural differences won't work, well you proved them wrong too.

So, I think both you and Nick, more than most, deserve some recognition for that.
    SheLikesKitties and Mebel like this.

We celebrated our anniversary today. It actually started since yesterday with a reflexion from Nick about why he loves me, that made me tear up. Today, we shopped for presents for each other, and I got him GoT bluray DVDs and he got me ballerina shoes. I had previously gotten myself sexy blue leggins and a nice shirt which I wore today. We had a nice dinner at my favorite restaurant, and lots of holding hands and hugging.

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Happy Anniversary!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast