AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree16Likes
  • 3 Post By TMAN
  • 5 Post By gorillagirl
  • 2 Post By LoisLane
  • 2 Post By soul
  • 4 Post By SheLikesKitties

Thread: Wish Me Luck!

TMAN is offline Member

Smile Wish Me Luck!

Hi Everyone,

As some of you may remember, I posted the other night about my new 18 years older OW friend ("Will the Chemistry Still Be There") whom I met at a family friend's wedding back in June who is visiting me this coming weekend in New York. You were all tremendously encouraging and supportive, which I really appreciate and just wanted to give everyone a quick update because the long awaited day after nearly two months of planning is finally here.

In less than 12 hours, my friend will be arriving and I'm planning to meet her at the airport with a small bouquet of red roses and a Happy Birthday balloon, and then after hanging out this afternoon, we are having a nice dinner at a private club I belong to with her sister, which will hopefully get the weekend started off on the right foot.

Anyway, my biggest concern -- albeit less so since posting the other night -- is whether or not the chemistry will still be there after only having met in person once and talking on the phone/texting/e-mailing practically every day for the last two months. All appendages are crossed and any last minute advice would be welcome. Wish me luck everyone because so far I really like this person and I hope it works out!
    whiterose, Mebel and debralee like this.

gorillagirl Guest
    chemistry (or lack of) can be very misleading. a gorgeous person can become horribly ugly through bad behavior and a very plain person can become the most beautiful person in the world with trust and kindness, etc... take your time.

LoisLane is offline Member
    I hope the weekend goes well for you and that you have a great time together. I think you should try not to worry so much about the whole chemistry thing. You have been communicating for the last two months so you obviously have stuff in common and plenty to talk about so just relax, try not to rush things and just let it happen. Sometimes the chemistry builds the more you get to know someone if you give it a chance.

Have a great weekend
    mskitty and theREALTrish like this.

soul is offline Senior Member
    If I could double like GG's answer I would.

Only to add, you would be wise just to see this meeting as a meeting of friends only, only high expectations can cause room for disappointment . It's unlikely you won't click as friends, afteral you already are friends. You have it seems built a good rapor, anything else that comes, just count it as a bonus. Good luck, don't forget to let us know who you get on
    theREALTrish and mskitty like this.

Mebel is offline OWYM AG 29 yrs
    Yes!! I wish you lovely luck! and with roses,,how sweet! I love the passion

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    I am sure the chemistry will be there. At least that was in our case. If you have been communicating, the most important chemistry which is friendship has been developing. I would even bet that it will be better than you remember. One thing, however, is that despite communication, skyping and sharing of photos, that person that you think you know so well, seems a bit like a stranger at first. I do not know why, the facial recognition software in our brain sometimes takes a bit to kick in. But do not interpret this feeling as lack of chemistry. It's just that all the skyping cannot ever replace real life contact.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

whiterose is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAN View Post
    Hi Everyone,

As some of you may remember, I posted the other night about my new 18 years older OW friend ("Will the Chemistry Still Be There") whom I met at a family friend's wedding back in June who is visiting me this coming weekend in New York. You were all tremendously encouraging and supportive, which I really appreciate and just wanted to give everyone a quick update because the long awaited day after nearly two months of planning is finally here.

In less than 12 hours, my friend will be arriving and I'm planning to meet her at the airport with a small bouquet of red roses and a Happy Birthday balloon, and then after hanging out this afternoon, we are having a nice dinner at a private club I belong to with her sister, which will hopefully get the weekend started off on the right foot.

Anyway, my biggest concern -- albeit less so since posting the other night -- is whether or not the chemistry will still be there after only having met in person once and talking on the phone/texting/e-mailing practically every day for the last two months. All appendages are crossed and any last minute advice would be welcome. Wish me luck everyone because so far I really like this person and I hope it works out!
    Best of luck, Tripp. Hope it all works out for you.