AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree12Likes
  • 7 Post By TMAN
  • 3 Post By mskitty
  • 2 Post By gorillagirl

Thread: Update: Took Your Advice and It's Working Out Well

TMAN is offline Member

Smile Update: Took Your Advice and It's Working Out Well

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know I followed everyone's advice about "going with the fllow" with respect to my new OW friend Liz and that we had a wonderful birthday celebration. She loved the gifts I gave her, we had a wonderful dinner and her sister who joined us is even beginning to accept me, which is really cool. Not only that, but Liz and I are having our dinner alone at my place tomorrow night (tonight actually when everyone reads this) and are beginning to talk about the next time we're going to get together, which will likely be in late September or early October.

Needless to say, I am feeling tremendously releived and glad that I listened to everyone. I guess my biggest fears -- unfounded or not -- largely stemmed from the fact that I haven't always had the best luck in the romantic department when it comes to my past relationships with a lot of the OW I've gone out with simply because they were the wrong OW and not because they were older. Anyway, this seems to be differnt and worth the wait for whatever happens. Thanks agian.
    soul, Faith, Air and 4 others like this.

mskitty Guest
    I truly hope that you are now coasting on a wave of good fortune in the LOVE department...
    theREALTrish, Air and trolleycar like this.

gorillagirl Guest
    hooray. keep us posted. just remember, go slow. don't pressure her.
    theREALTrish and trolleycar like this.

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    hooray. keep us posted. just remember, go slow. don't pressure her.
    Exactly! Women don't like clingy men anymore than men like clingy women. I'm not saying you're that way but I know, from my own experience, that sometimes the enthusiasm
    and hope that we feel in a new relationship can cause us to push a little too hard. Been there, done that. I'm not suggesting you play "hard to get". Just leave her wanting more. lol!

Best wishes! I hope things continue to grow for you both.