AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Faith

Thread: My Birthday Gift

buckigal413 is offline Neophyte

My Birthday Gift

So MB snuck into my office this morning and left me a bday present. He gave me a card, made me a music cd and gave me a $30 gift cert for a music store. I called him and asked why he didn't let me know he was there. Said he wanted to surprise me and for me to keep it "on the down low". That really has me annoyed.

First of all it's kind of always been an unspoken thing and we don't go blabbing about the gifts we get each other. But isn't it normal to talk about the gifts you get from family & friends? They all talk about us at work anyway and think we are going out secretly so what's the big deal? Hell, all last summer he would come into my vehicle and we would have lunch together and everyone knew. Since they all think we are at the least friends it wouldn't really be out of line for him to give me a gift. Got me wondering if he's all of a sudden embarrassed or even ashamed about me. Or maybe he feels guilty for leading me on all these months. I'm considering giving him the certificate back. He really shouldn't be buying me gifts like that anyway.

Am I just taking the comment too personally/over reading it and just accept the gift or should I give it back?

Faith is offline Some assembly required
    Quote Originally Posted by buckigal413 View Post
    Am I just taking the comment too personally/over reading it and just accept the gift
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by buckigal413 View Post
    should I give it back?
    No.

Be gracious. And have a happy birthday.
    theREALTrish, degausser and Angel like this.
    "Leave the gun...take the cannoli."

buckigal413 is offline Neophyte

Gift Accepted

Yes, after thinking about it I decided to just accept the gift for what it is....a gift.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Happy Birthday and yes, accept the gift.
    That was thoughtful.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.