AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 2 Post By Ellethe
  • 2 Post By Stiletto
  • 2 Post By brinparker
  • 1 Post By Angel
  • 1 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 1 Post By Pickles
  • 1 Post By brinparker

Thread: Laides, did you ym intially say he could never...

whoahnellie is offline Member

Laides, did you ym intially say he could never...

....tell his family about you/resist for a while?

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Quote Originally Posted by whoahnellie View Post
    ....tell his family about you/resist for a while?
    No, he was always upfront with his family, and they were apparently OK from the start.
    eponavet likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    The VYM I was involved with before I met Lee never told his family about me. At first he said it was because we weren't actually a couple (it started out as a casual thing) and then when we eventually were a couple it was always 'I'll tell them, just not yet'. I used to really piss me off. His friends all knew about me though. I don't know to this day if he includes me if he talks about exes to a new girlfriend. Lee told his family about me straight away.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Ellethe is offline Ex-Marcy'd
    Nope. He was firm, clear, and direct with his parents.
    Angel and eponavet like this.
    Psycho hatchet wielding midgets deserve to die

Stiletto is offline Senior Member
    Our relationship began long distance (him in Britain, me in Canada). He waited until we had met in person, to make sure our feelings were real, then he told his family.
    Pickles and eponavet like this.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Age gap: 22 years, 6 days.

brinparker is offline Member
    Jimmy told his family right away. He told his months before I told mine.
    SheLikesKitties and Angel like this.

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    My guy was honest with his family and friends from the beginning.
    eponavet likes this.
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

LoisLane is offline Member
    Mine told all his family and friends about us as soon as we started dating. It would have seemed odd to me if he had wanted to keep it a secret. Because we work together we kept it under wraps at work as we felt it wasn't something we wanted as office gossip and we wanted to keep things professional.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Quote Originally Posted by brinparker View Post
    Jimmy told his family right away. He told his months before I told mine.
    That was exactly my case. I told my parents simply because he was going to move in with me, there was no more hiding him. My mom always disparaged of women who dated younger men, so I knew she would not be happy. She got very upset and threatened disownment. I stood my ground.
    Pickles likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Pickles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
    Our relationship began long distance (him in Britain, me in Canada). He waited until we had met in person, to make sure our feelings were real, then he told his family.
    DITTO (him Poland/me US)

Though the waiting was because it had to be worth the fight and timing for finished semester Finals.. And battle it has been since he told them about me. The day he told his mother in 2012 when he first was going to see me, a person he trusted and was closest to in his family, whom he thought would be most supportive even if concerned ....and she shut him down? It was harsh on him.
    He asked should he tell anyone else? I told him I couldn't dictate how his family acts with each other or what heat would come later, but it would certainly be a shock to send a letter saying "on BTW i got married in US). That I personally would tell anyone else I cared for FIRST .. so it was told MY way.

When we became engaged in 2013, it was on FB. Another class 5 hurricane of drama.

At least our prior friendship to the relationship did not go so far back that he was not adult when we met -Phew!

Now it (our being couple) is just the thing that is known but not mentioned.

My family?
    The majority was just whoa? Really. He is real Polish?. LOLOL
    My children are thinking it will be a little weird in gatherings, since he is their general age but have no objections.
    My mother used to want me to go the material route, but has long since hoped for me to find SOMEone who would be a part of happiness instead of a creep.

Now my Monster ex? was only 3+ years younger and kept me 'secret'. Problem was his sister and I were friends prior and after almost a year she got pissed at his treatment and spilled to their mom. Who had no problem other than expectations of him and his behavior (was red flag- I should have bailed at first exit )
    SheLikesKitties likes this.
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    ............Unexpected pleasures are sweetest

brinparker is offline Member
    I didn't tell my parents because I also knew what was coming my way. Their opinion didn't really matter to me and they also live 700 miles away do I do not see them often.
    My mom is supportive ( or as supportive as should could be). My father hasnt spoken to me in two years. My father's reasoning is that "jimmy will leave" so why should he invest? His idea of " not investing" is having nothing to do with me as well.
    I suspose a benefit to bring raised in a dysfunctional home is that I was always pretty much on my own, so this has little effect on me now.
    I constantly promise myself that as long as my children are happy, healthy, and loved I will accept whomever they choose to spend their life with. Life is far too short for all the drama that disapproving family members cause.
    Pickles likes this.