AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By windspinner74
  • 1 Post By NY10
  • 1 Post By fiorinda
  • 1 Post By brinparker
  • 1 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 1 Post By Stiletto

Thread: Hello

windspinner74 is offline Neophyte

Hello

Hi everyone,

I havent posted since the new member posting and just wanted to say hello. I would love to connect with someone that has a ym for a boyfriend or husband (I am 40, boyfriend is 22), I don't know anyone else in an age gap relationship and sometimes it gets lonely! I wish there was a bar for just couples in age gap relationships :-)..Anyway things are going really well, been together for about 7 months. Still haven't told my employer and am nervous about a family get together with others (my cousins) that are around his age. My parents are supportive of my relationship, so that is helpful. His parents are 18 years apart themselves, Mom is older. I used to be really terrified in public but have gotten way over that, when ever we get any stares at all we just start to make out..no question if he is my son or not!

I love reading all of your posts..feel so not alone.
    Mebel likes this.

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to AL. It's good to hear your story. I'm glad that you have gotten over your initial fears and have embraced a loving relationship. As far as telling people at work, people are always going to have their opinions and remarks but the only thing that matters is that you are happy and are in a healthy relationship and it's equal. Having family support is great and helps takes the burden off quite a bit.
    Mebel likes this.

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by windspinner74 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I havent posted since the new member posting and just wanted to say hello. I would love to connect with someone that has a ym for a boyfriend or husband (I am 40, boyfriend is 22), I don't know anyone else in an age gap relationship and sometimes it gets lonely! I wish there was a bar for just couples in age gap relationships :-)..Anyway things are going really well, been together for about 7 months. Still haven't told my employer and am nervous about a family get together with others (my cousins) that are around his age. My parents are supportive of my relationship, so that is helpful. His parents are 18 years apart themselves, Mom is older. I used to be really terrified in public but have gotten way over that, when ever we get any stares at all we just start to make out..no question if he is my son or not!

I love reading all of your posts..feel so not alone.
    Windspinner, send me a PM if you like, we can chat. I'm 49 (50 in 13 days) and am marrying my 25 year old fiance the day after that. I've never been happier in a relationship! Are you on Facebook?
    Mebel likes this.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

brinparker is offline Member
    It's great you have the support of family. It isnt needed but I think it certainly makes things easier. And, how great that his parents have an age gap and mom is older! I'm sure that's very encouraging for you!
    Mebel likes this.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Hello Windspinner, I am 56, and my husband is 34. We started when he was 23. You are still in the early stages of your relationship when you have to get used to the age gap, and the stares. After a while you get used to it.

Do not force things, and let things happen when they feel natural.
    Mebel likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Stiletto is offline Senior Member
    22 year age gap here, I'm about to turn 51 and he is about to turn 29. We've been together nearly 5 years and our 4th wedding anniversary is next month
    Mebel likes this.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Age gap: 22 years, 6 days.

Mebel is offline OWYM AG 29 yrs
    Hi & welcome!

Sweetie28 is offline Mark's girl
    Welcome to Ageless. I am the YW in an YW/OM relationship but still glad you joined us!