AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: My Husband Died Recently

Ixax is offline Neophyte

My Husband Died Recently

I was 53 when I met him. He was 29. I was mortified when I discovered I was attracted to such a young man and was convinced it would never work.

I was wrong.

That wasnít all I was wrong about. I told him early on that I would most likely die first. He said I didnít know that. He was right and he died in my arms after a long illness just a few weeks ago.

We were very happy together and I miss him terribly.

I joined this group about 15 years ago, and it helped me overcome my own biases and preconceptions about age-gap relationships.

What I learned is that many of the older women were attractive and charismatic. Of course younger men found them desirable! I also learned that their marriages to ym were by and large conventional.

Knowing all that helped a lot and enabled me to have a remarkable life with a man I adored.

I would do it all again if I could. I loved every minute.

My best to you all,

Monica

whiterose is offline Administrator
    I am so terribly sorry for you loss.

Corsair is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixax View Post
    I was 53 when I met him. He was 29. I was mortified when I discovered I was attracted to such a young man and was convinced it would never work.

I was wrong.

That wasnít all I was wrong about. I told him early on that I would most likely die first. He said I didnít know that. He was right and he died in my arms after a long illness just a few weeks ago.

We were very happy together and I miss him terribly.

I joined this group about 15 years ago, and it helped me overcome my own biases and preconceptions about age-gap relationships.

What I learned is that many of the older women were attractive and charismatic. Of course younger men found them desirable! I also learned that their marriages to ym were by and large conventional.

Knowing all that helped a lot and enabled me to have a remarkable life with a man I adored.

I would do it all again if I could. I loved every minute.

My best to you all,

Monica
    Wow you would think that given the age gap that the younger one would be left alone first.

Maybe, in time you will be able to do it again. I hope you have support and are coping as good as can be expected.

Slow Worm is offline Senior Member
    I am very sorry to learn of the parting of a couple who this site helped bring together.

That you were with him and held him in your arms to his very end can only have been comfort to him.

I think that Tennyson's 'In Memoriam' puts better than I can a message to all who have lost their love:

"I envy not in any moods
    The captive void of noble rage,
    The linnet born within the cage,
    That never knew the summer woods:

I envy not the beast that takes
    His license in the field of time,
    Unfetter'd by the sense of crime,
    To whom a conscience never wakes;

Nor, what may count itself as blest,
    The heart that never plighted troth
    But stagnates in the weeds of sloth;
    Nor any want-begotten rest.

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost
    Than never to have loved at all."

SW

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    I am very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the level of your grief.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.