AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!

lovemytwins is offline Senior Member

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving and I hope everybody overeats:-)
    My Thanksgiving: Plan to pick up hubby from the hospital in about 2 hours. He went in yesterday for a minor surgery and he is doing well. We supposed to go to dinner at a friends house but we will end up having steak at home because hubby is still tired and needs rest. This is the quietest Thanksgiving so far.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Happy Thanksgiving! Hope your husband's recovery is quick. With twins I doubt there will be much peace and quiet!

My husband has to work later today so we're having an early Thanksgiving. Just us and the girls. And, tonight, we will watch A Christmas Story for the first time this year. It's our tradition to watch it every Thanksgiving (by Christmas we're sick of it).

Perfect.
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

lovemytwins is offline Senior Member
    Angel, maybe you can start a new tradition with new activity since you are sick of the movie:-)
    My plan changed. Doctor decided to keep hubby another night at the hospital so I went to dinner at a friends place. They also watched the twins for 2 hours while I visited hubby. He was glad to see me and told me he missed the twins. He will be home tomorrow and I will surprised him with Thanksgiving food my friends sent home for him. Turkey, french beans, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, cucumber, beets, pies etc. I hope he will enjoy the food as much as I did. I am still stuffed!
    The family I had dinner with tonight has a tradition of drawing their hands each and every Thanksgiving, no matter where they are the drawing of the hands always get to their moms house. Last time the oldest daughter was overseas during Thanksgiving but her hand drawing was there hanging on her mom's dining room wall and we remembered her as we ate!
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. I hope your husband feels better, ILMT. We are celebrating ours today, because, as you all know, we live in Panama and it is not a holiday here, so my husband had to work. He worked until 9 pm yesterday, poor baby. Today he had to work too, but only until 2 pm. So we are having dinner with my mom, my son and gf, my godson and his mother.

The food... Turkey, stuffing, cheesy scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes and marshmallows, and cheese cake. I set the table like a formal dinner and I hope to post a picture when I figure out how.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.