AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Time to move on

soul is offline Senior Member

Time to move on

Guys, I think I've been a member here about 8 months or so and its been great, it truly has. This forum helped me tremendously when I was frantically searching in google one day to see if I was alone or some freak. I've learned a lot from you all and I think about myself too. I've genuinly enjoyed participating in threads and I hope some where along the line, I helped someone out there.

Earlier tonight I put a final end to my relationship with my YM of 4 half years. I've put in place a permanent no contact, which was upsetting for both him and me, but needed. Now I intend to start a new chapter and move on. I don't have a inherant liking for younger men, it just happened.

While it's great being part of this community, you guys, the theme of the site, will now only serve as a reminder to me of what i've given up. So with this is mind, I am leaving you and I just wanted to thank you all and say goodbye and hope you understand why.

I hope you have an awesome xmas, with long and wonderful relationships.

Soul
    Mebel likes this.

chi77 Guest

sad

soul i'm very sorry to hear you've ended your relationship, and also that you are going to leave the forum.

having gone through a similar ending myself in the last month, i do completely understand.

however, i really do hate to see you go. you have contributed so much, and i personally got a great deal of comfort from your posts when i was going through the end of my YM relationship, i honestly mean that.

you have been an honest, intelligent and insightful addition to this forum and will be sorely missed. i hope that some day when you are feeling better, you will come back and join us again. we really we miss your advice and so will many newbies looking for wisdom.

i would love to be able to keep in touch with you as i sincerely mean all of the above. i will send you a pm.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Sorry to see you go, and sorry your relationship did not work out. As Chi said, your contributions here have been great and you will be missed. Life has a way of surprising us, so keep in mind that there is also a YW/OM section in case you move on... in the opposite direction.

And if you go, don't go too far, drop in here every once in a while to give us an update on your life, for which I wish you good fortune and happiness.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Mebel is offline OWYM AG 29 yrs
    Hi Soul!
    So sorry to see you leave here! I want to wish you well, and all the best, and of course a good and warm and happy xmas!
    Take care

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    I wish you strength to work thru your breakup. I am not saying "I am sorry to hear that you had to end your relationship", because I am sure if you came to that conclusion, there were sufficient reasons. (When I ended my marriage, I was sorry that I had not reached that point earlier. )
    But in my opinion (it is of course entirely up to you) you do not have to leave this forum. Whether you have an inherit liking for younger men or not is of no avail in my opinion. You had a relatiionship with a younger man - so you can contribute with your experience. Besides, there are also other topics that have nothing to do with relationships.

Blue-Angel75 is offline Blue Angel
    this is a sad post for me to read as well.

I really liked how you presented your stuff on the site. I respect your decision however, and knowin that there is a 'soul; over seas who is smart, funny, and has depth to herself!

Might as well move continents too, because I bet you anything that for many years to come your surroundings will remind you of him and your relationship together.

MANY hugs sent to you Soul!

Blue ANgel
    "Mimic what successful people are doing, copy it, practice it, costumize it so that it suits you, I promise you this: you will not fail!"
    "If you don't create an opportunity, you will never experience failure--therefore never really experience successes" Both by me!

If you flirt with me, I may just flirt right back at ya!

gorillagirl Guest
    sorry you had to end your relationship and go no contact.
    been there/done that. hurts like hell. but in the end, for the best, usually.
    no, please...don't leave, we love you. take a break and come back and let us know how you're doing after 2 weeks or a month of NC.
    xoxox

degausser is offline Senior Member
    Noo don't go! We'll miss you terribly. You truly are an asset to this forum.

I hope your break from your YM goes as well as can be expected, and I hope the pain doesn't last long.

I do understand your reasons for leaving...but also hope you'll take GG's suggestion and come back for an update
    Blue-Angel75 and karlsgirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by degausser View Post
    Noo don't go! We'll miss you terribly. You truly are an asset to this forum.

I hope your break from your YM goes as well as can be expected, and I hope the pain doesn't last long.

I do understand your reasons for leaving...but also hope you'll take GG's suggestion and come back for an update
    GOOD POST!!!

I personally fully understand the shhht one goes after a break up, I think most of us if not ALL of us understand.
    And yes you will do whatever it is that you will have to do....but I know myself personally I too will miss your posts.
    There is a bit of a small tight circle at this site, and it brings life to where there is darkness at times.

If I were to leave a place behind after each break up, I would e in the middle of the ocean by now

Blue Angel
    "Mimic what successful people are doing, copy it, practice it, costumize it so that it suits you, I promise you this: you will not fail!"
    "If you don't create an opportunity, you will never experience failure--therefore never really experience successes" Both by me!

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    I understand why this place can be a painful reminder, but I do hope you reconsider sticking around and just taking a break. Several people are in new relationships, some are single, some have sworn off AGRs, but still remain part of Ageless. It has been said several times that the relationship brings you to Ageless, but you stay for other reasons.

Whatever you decide I wish you the best.
    MissMuffins likes this.
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, so I'll go with "I concur" and offer you a cuppa.

*big hugs*

MM
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    HUGS!!!

Sending you good vibes and strength during your breakup. We will miss you on here for sure. And like SLK said, if you ever find yourself in an AGR again, you know we'll be here!
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

vintagepearl is offline Love rules without rules
    Soul, I wish the very best for you in all ways always. Thank you for all you have given of yourself in what you have so thoughtfully shared here. The "no contact" commitment is a tough one, yet I know you have the strength needed to endure. And you and I both know the good that will come from seeing it through. It was from experiencing just such a situation around this time last year that I found my "signature" line. Love always and do not concern yourself with when or from whence it will return to you. Just know that it will.

Have a blessed Christmas, and New Year too.
    Mebel likes this.
    There is no remedy for love but to love more~~~Thoreau

chi77 Guest

soul

i got an email from soul and she said to let everyone know she is doing fine and will be back at some point.

i told her a lot of members had sent her wishes and wanted her back!
    Mebel and Blue-Angel75 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chi77 View Post
    i got an email from soul and she said to let everyone know she is doing fine and will be back at some point.

i told her a lot of members had sent her wishes and wanted her back!
    Thank you for the update.

Yes tell her she is missed around these parts

Blue Angel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast