AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Azureth
  • 2 Post By laurad121

Thread: Kissing under the Mistletoe.

Azureth is offline Banned

Kissing under the Mistletoe.

Saw this vid and thought it was really awesome and pretty cute, nice to see people really going for it.

Though that one girl slapping that guy was uncalled for, I'd understand had it tried to force it but he was just standing there.
    RadoG60 likes this.

thatoneperson is offline Senior Member
    I've never actually seen anyone hang mistletoe, lol.

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    How cute! LOL
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    I have seen hanging mistletoes a lot in England. And even how they were put to use.

laurad121 is offline Senior Member
    My family had mistletoe and it was hung every year at the entrance to the kitchen. I saw my parents kiss under it lots of times I don't personally own any but may have to get some now....it is making me nostalgic for my childhood and I would love to kiss Tom under some mistletoe any time

Edited to say I got so nostalgic that I just bought a kissing ball of mistletoe off of ebay. It probably won't come in time for xmas but I can always save it until next year!
    Last edited by laurad121; 12-20-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    debralee and Redhead like this.

What is a kissing ball?
    Whatever it is, good that you got it for next year. (If the word contains "kissing", it has to be good. )

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    Name:  kissing ball.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  3.2 KB

A mistletoe kissing ball.

My parents have a mistletoe kissing ball with an elf on top. They've had it since their first Christmas...47 years ago! As with laurad's family, it hung in the entrance to the kitchen. If you got caught, look out!

I have a sprig of mistletoe and hang it above my front door.

MM
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

Oh, that looks cute. Thanks for the explanation.

Dwc
    Dwc is offline OWYM AG 16YRS
    It's really sweet and nice - but seriously, no thank you.

Sorry for ruining the fun, I kinda worry for the 2 baiting surveyors. Ever since learning about how STDs such as Herpes Simplex being transmitted even via saliva, there's no way I'd go for any kiss that means locking lips and exchanging even a small touch of saliva. I won't even go for the cheeks in this case, with all the previous layers of other cheek kisses, its laden with salivas. You're talking about strangers after strangers and even they may not know it (after kissing out of courtesy with other acquaintances/friends/relatives from time after time) until cold sores or symptoms happen - its a domino effect. For Oral herpes, there's no known treatments to eliminate outbreaks.

Herpes simplex - Risk Factors

So yeap, I really think its sweet and appreciate the tradition, each to their own choice. I just won't do it other than with my husband . He has kinda stopped kiss greeting others with lips/lips or lips/cheeks after learning about this. If we have it, and we are thankful we don't, we wouldn't want to transmit that to other people too.