AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 6 days away from ending 2012: what is/are your New Years resolution?

Blue-Angel75 is offline Blue Angel

Smile 6 days away from ending 2012: what is/are your New Years resolution?

Hello all,

With only just over 6 days before the end of 2012 and a brand new year to open.

What is/are your 2013 new years resolutions?
    Are these health and wellness related?
    Husband/wife marital perhaps?
    Money, personal goals, life in general?
    Do you plan on finally stopping cigarrettes? Or pehaps no more alcohol?
    Being more generous, understanding? patient?

It will be fun and interesting seeing what some of you have planned out.

Blue Angel
    "Mimic what successful people are doing, copy it, practice it, costumize it so that it suits you, I promise you this: you will not fail!"
    "If you don't create an opportunity, you will never experience failure--therefore never really experience successes" Both by me!

If you flirt with me, I may just flirt right back at ya!

thatoneperson is offline Senior Member
    I need to finish my masters thesis.
    I need to go back to the gym now that it's too cold to exercise outside.
    I need to make sure I'm more consistent with my medicine.
    Get another year closer to my PhD.

legallyblonde Guest
    To stop worrying about the things I can't control. And to stop believing that I can control everything!

Ali
    trolleycar and karlsgirl like this.

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    Well, since you opened the topic, I would have expected you to share your goals first.

I have no special New Year resolutions except that I will continue working on things that I am working on now. I started improving a few areas in my life this summer and have been making progress slowly but steadily, and this is what I will keep doing. Right now I want to complete my filing (a huge pile, but I am coming to the end of it), and then my desk will be clean, and I can start learning Italian.

I do not believe in NYR. If I do not manage to initiate change between February and December, it is unrealistic to expect myself to invent the wheel again in the first month of the year.
    MissMuffins and Blue-Angel75 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    Well, since you opened the topic, I would have expected you to share your goals first.

I have no special New Year resolutions except that I will continue working on things that I am working on now. I started improving a few areas in my life this summer and have been making progress slowly but steadily, and this is what I will keep doing. Right now I want to complete my filing (a huge pile, but I am coming to the end of it), and then my desk will be clean, and I can start learning Italian.

I do not believe in NYR. If I do not manage to initiate change between February and December, it is unrealistic to expect myself to invent the wheel again in the first month of the year.

If you wanted to know all you had to do was ask

Without a plan, you plan to fail. Mimic what successful people are doing, copy it, pratice it, costumize it so that it suits you, I promise you that you will not fail---by ME
    New years resolution can be such an important element to the equation IMHO

I am firm believer that EVERY day is a new beginning. That everytime we make a mistake, or everytime we step back, that we get that ONE more chance at moving forward, while trying to not make the same mistake again.

As a coach, I always advise, and implement those two practices.

For me?

My goal in 2013 is to go faster, harder and better than in 2012.
    I about to undergo a series of in-depth studies, and I am looking forward to all those certifications..
    I want to touch more lives this year. Help people have no knee pain, no lower back pain, lose weight, help them detach from negative drug or alcohol dependency.
    I also have 5 clients going into national level competitions, I want them to place top 1-2-3 spots!
    The paradigm: I am not an exercise teacher, but a life/coach changer

I hope that in the first 6 months of 2013, I am ablt to project budget for construction of a new club--

I am financially driven, being a single guy, I only want to climb up and with the moto in mind that the sky is no limit.

One of my clients has direct involvement with homeless and or less fortunate people in my city. I already started moving towards getting involved as well.

Other than that lift smart, eat right, and always be good to myself physically speaking.

I also would like to find a little spice to join me in my life journey---yeah that would be real nice too.

I am sure there is more stuff, but don't want to write a book here.

Blue Ang
    Last edited by Blue-Angel75; 12-25-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    "Mimic what successful people are doing, copy it, practice it, costumize it so that it suits you, I promise you this: you will not fail!"
    "If you don't create an opportunity, you will never experience failure--therefore never really experience successes" Both by me!

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    I want to lose 35 pounds, I have already lost 15 from the original 50.
    I want to make exercise an everyday habit.
    I want to explore new business oportunities in a different industry.
    I want to save money... this year I spent so much money it's insane.
    I want to help those around me in any way I can.
    I want to reach clarity regarding my retirement plans. That involves going to the Social Security to find out about my options.
    Blue-Angel75 likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

chi77 Guest
    For 2013 I resolve to take loving care of myself and to create my own happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by chi77 View Post
    For 2013 I resolve to take loving care of myself and to create my own happiness.

This is nice Chi77

Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    I want to lose 35 pounds, I have already lost 15 from the original 50.
    I want to make exercise an everyday habit.
    I want to explore new business oportunities in a different industry.
    I want to save money... this year I spent so much money it's insane.
    I want to help those around me in any way I can.
    I want to reach clarity regarding my retirement plans. That involves going to the Social Security to find out about my options.

Great steps SLK!!
    From personal experience and from what studies show, it takes 6 months to build a habit. What this means is that, if you incorporate health and wellness in your life, and maintain it...the mental changes, physical changes only start to mold into your system during the first 6 months. It is after that your body will start to make bigger and more sustainable changes. I.E. keeping the weight off. How? Well by now you realize HOW much work it took to lose those 15-20lbs, and you consciously make the healthier choices of food.
    By now you realize the importance of proper sleep, cortisol level controls, regular doctor check ups.....

By walking the talk, and talking the walk, you will inspire others around you to embrace a healthier life style.

I will help you and support you where I can!! Just remember that I am a PM away if you ever need nutritional questions, or training questions!

VAMOS PA' ADELANTE MI'JA!!

BA
    SheLikesKitties likes this.

Dil
    Dil is offline Neophyte
    I will be taking the USMLE Step 1 licence test to practice MD in the United States. I hope to pass and get one step closer to getting residency!
    I want to get back to gym, and get toned. I have always been skinny but I want to be toned and healthy. I want to say I am a girl but I got side abs.
    I am going to meet my boyfriends family and he will meet mine. And my goal will be to try to blend two different religions and focus on the love instead of the difference. Too much hatred in this world.
    I will be traveling a lot for clinical next year and I want to try to take some time to enjoy life instead of always on the go and worrying about school.
    In general i just want to enjoy life, because you never know how short life really is.
    chi77 and thatoneperson like this.

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Like Redhead I don't believe in NYR, but living in constant state of improvement. Some things are easier than others to tackle.

I'm struggling with my disability and other medical conditions and my weight. I'm working on dealing with issues of my past that impact how I react. I believe these will be the main issues I will continue to work on in 2013.
    MissMuffins likes this.
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Angel75 View Post
    This is nice Chi77
    Quote Originally Posted by chi77 View Post

goes without saying that you may call me, email me, text me, PM me, fax me, send me smoke signals, mail, telegraph, bird with a note, msg in a bottle by water.....well you get the hint right Chi77
    Last edited by Blue-Angel75; 12-26-2012 at 03:44 PM.

elkabong is offline 47 M / 24 F

License to practice MD

Quote Originally Posted by Dil View Post
    I will be taking the USMLE Step 1 licence test to practice MD in the United States. I hope to pass and get one step closer to getting residency!
    I want to get back to gym, and get toned. I have always been skinny but I want to be toned and healthy. I want to say I am a girl but I got side abs.
    I am going to meet my boyfriends family and he will meet mine. And my goal will be to try to blend two different religions and focus on the love instead of the difference. Too much hatred in this world.
    I will be traveling a lot for clinical next year and I want to try to take some time to enjoy life instead of always on the go and worrying about school.
    In general i just want to enjoy life, because you never know how short life really is.
    Great for you! good luck.
    I am starting a new business, I have some investors, I have done this before so I am expecting it to go well.
    I want to take time off this year to take my lady traveling, that is my goal. I want to visit Brazil and take her to the USA.
    Blue-Angel75 likes this.

trolleycar is offline I still play with trains
    My New Years are
    1> not make the same dumb mistakes I did in 2012
    2> get my interment Rating on my pilots licenses that I have been putting off for to many years
    3> Set a date with my girl friend to get married.
    4> set to move the things stored out of the room over the my office. So the contractor can start to work as soon as the weather starts to warm up to build the apartment for my Girl friend's mother.
    5> try to make it to the $1,000,000.00 mark in sales in my Travel business.
    6> start to dress like a professional not like a freelance Photographer.
    7> Take my Girl Friend my then wife I hope on a great cruise as a wedding present
    8> run for the local school board so I can return the school system back to teaching the Three R
    9> and for me I want to go up to Alaska and do a little bit of gold panning just to saw I try it.
    10> To buy a new Car the the whole family can fit into for road trips.

And I Wonder just how many of the ten I will be able to accomplish ON the must accomplish list are Numbers 3, 4, 6,7, and number 10 I sure hope that I can accomplish, As the car I am drive is getting old it sis 23 YO
    coming May. It is to the point the as soon as I start the car the car sends out an SOS to the tow Company.
    Blue-Angel75 likes this.

Harp girl is offline Member
    Great Thread

My resolutions:

Life is gift. I resolve to live it with curiosity and joy.

Emotional - I accept my emotions, sit with them, acknowledge them.

Musical - I'll memorize one new piece each month - even if it's just a short 16 measure jig or reel. I'll memorize something.

That's my 2013. I don't know if I can stay in this country, I don't know where my current relationship will go. There's so much unknown and I'm going to enjoy every second that life gives me.

Oh, I forgot one. I shall figure out how to add a picture next to my name here.
    Blue-Angel75 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast