AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curious About Other OW & YM....

nita Guest

Curious About Other OW & YM....

Wondering what the age difference is between you and your SO.

How long together?

Biggest Challange?

My SO is 28, I am 44, we have been together for five years, living together for the last two.

Being in a different place mentally in life. His lack of relationship experience.

Jody<3 is offline Registered member
    Hmmm...well Im 36, he's 22. It's been 4-1/2 years. We only live together on the weekends.

I think our biggest obstacle wasn't even actually our problem. It was the way other people reacted, i.e. his family members, etc. We have pretty much overcome that. Although I am quite certain they still don't like me very much, I don't care and that resolved that. LOL They are polite, and that is good enough for me.

Most the problems we have had are not at all age related.
    What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Peachy is offline Lost in Love
    Age difference: 25-1/2 years . . . I'm 54, he's 28.

Together for almost 3-1/2 years.

Hmmm . . . obstacle? Not really many of those . . . except maybe cultural ones.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but to slide in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW . . . What a ride!"

Cinderella Guest
    I am 44 he is 32.

We have been together 5 years and married for 1 year and 10 months.

We haven't really had any obstacles....we just fit.

Bella is offline Senior Member
    22/50, 28 years.
    Obstacles? Other than the drop jawed look from people we just meet, which we've become pretty immune to, can't think of any that are age related.
    Family issues resolved with time, most do, I think.
    That's about it.
    Oh yeah, been together four years.

greeneyedgirl is offline Senior Member
    me.....33

him....out there *waves arms* somewhere....out....THERE!!!

(you are hiding, i am seeking) boing boing boing
    ~Stupid people shouldn't breathe~

~Denial is the first step toward recovery~

~It will feel better once it stops hurting~

fos4snt Guest
    LOL Tracy!

I'm 33, he's 20 ~ 13.5 year gap. We've been together as a couple a little over 1 1/2 years and living together a year an a month.

Challanges? Well, at first.. family. Like Bella said, they resolved with time. Other than that... Freakishly NONE. This is... bliss.

~phos

kathyw Guest

My point of view

Quote Originally Posted by nita
    Wondering what the age difference is between you and your SO.

How long together?

Biggest Challange?

My SO is 28, I am 44, we have been together for five years, living together for the last two.

Being in a different place mentally in life. His lack of relationship experience.
    Hi Nita,

We've been together a year and a half, lived together for almost a year. He's 24, I'm 47.

Biggest Challenge: All the family and friend stuff..stares, etc. aside (cos I'm past the point of worrying about that anymore) would primarily be the same as your concerns Being in a different place mentally and financially in life. His lack of relationship experience...along with some immaturity issues which tend to wear a person down over time.

I believe you have to go by the "core" of a person however. Is he a good guy, honest, trustworthy, etc.? Does he put forth an honest effort to change his behaviour when he knows you have concerns about it?

How patient of a person are you (cos it can take some time...lots and lots of time)...and how much time are you willing to spend waiting for him to evolve as a person?

Personally, I truly feel alot of this depends on the type of person the younger guy is...if he is really worth it (i.e. a good person)...then by all means, do your part (or whatever you can) to get things to work out...if he's not .....don't waste your time trying to change him...people don't change all that much..especially their "core" values and beliefs...these things pretty much remain the same...and it can get REAL frustrating waiting for someone to change who has certain instilled beliefs and values...good luck to you..let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by kathyw; 07-23-2005 at 10:25 AM. Reason: spelling

may50 Guest
    Hi Nita,-14 year age gap here. We have been together for 6 years. Biggest challenge is me-learning to be comfortable with the age gap and learning to "not give a ****" about what others think.

bubbleee Guest
    Hi Nita,

He's 20 and I'm 53.

Biggest obstacle? Hmm... me being the main breadwinner for the time being, I guess. It would be fun to have two full incomes

Chriscar Guest
    Hi, Everybody!
    I'm 52, he's 21. We've only just started going out, have known each other a few months. We're totally infatuated with each other. This is all so new to me, I have no idea what the biggest obstacle is going to be!!! LOL!!! I can hardly wait to see how the public reacts to us!!! I'm this pony-tailed, sunshiny, smiley, tee-shirt and blue jeans girl and he's a hard core Goth -- long, dyed black hair, all black garb, make-up wearing, guy!!! As if the age difference alone won't draw enough attention!!!

skatergirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by greeneyedgirl
    me.....33

him....out there *waves arms* somewhere....out....THERE!!!

(you are hiding, i am seeking) boing boing boing
    Me too!!!

I am: 42
    He is: ???...Cruising around in my destiny somewhere...

Buffeaut Guest
    I'm 34, She's 53. We are 19 years and four months apart.

The only problem we've had is with family. My parents want me to date someone younger, as they want a Grandchild. Over time, though, I think they will let this go. I love her too much to even think of leaving her, and I think my Mom knows this.

Her daughter is a little bit of a problem, but this doesn't stand in our way either. This is odd, because her daughter, who is 21, is engaged to a guy who is 40.

Other than these small acceptance of our relationship issues by family, the age difference is not a problem. We did have one humorous experience though: An older woman in her church choir asked if I was her son...My response was "Oh, I'm 34"....When I said this, the older woman got a big smile and proceeded to tell me how glad she was to see my girlfriend dating. Afterward, my girlfriend and I decided that we must both look pretty young. Our plan is that only I will tell my age if we run into a similar situation in the future.

Flyer Guest
    Me 60, him 42 (18 year difference). Been together for over 10 years now, but we don't live together. Biggest challenge? Hmmm, he can be pretty stubborn.
    Flyer

babes66 is offline Still here:)
    Hi Nita,
    I'm 39, he's 21, we've been seeing each other about 2 1/2 years, living together 1 year, engaged for 7 months.
    Biggest problems...my family, who seriously disapove. Financial and helth worries to I guess, he went from being a carefree single to having to step into my world, which is a lot to handle at 21!
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.
    (OW)47(YM)30, 11yrs together and happier every day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast