What's new
Ageless Love

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broadening each other's music horizons

L

lovemyow

Recently, I posted on similar interests and tastes between ageless couples. Another bonus are the things we learn from our older/younger love.
For example, since my wife grew up in the fifties and sixties, she knows all about the artists that I enjoy (even though I was born in 1970, I love older music). However, she also knows about some more obscure artists that I never would have known about, because they are not played on typical oldies stations (for example, Fever Tree, Bo Grumpus, Buddy Miles).
At the same time, I have introduced her to a lot of different music that was popular for me while growing up. She had pretty much switched to country and oldies as she grew older, with the exception of some R&B and pop groups. I have always liked hard rock (KISS, Alice Cooper) and the teen idols of my time (Shaun Cassidy, Andy Gibb, and later on, Debbie Gibson and Tiffany). So she has been introduced to artists she never would have even considered.
True, there are some that she doesn't care for...but it's pretty cool to see her rocking out to Judas Priest, right after we listen to John Denver!
Anyone else experience this?