What's new
Ageless Love

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coldplay

M

Maria

Okay, so I will sound probably very stupid, no problem, I assume it: I have never had any idols in my life, maybe one soccer player when I was 16 (I just wrote a letter to him and never sent it) but I just adore this group and especially the singer...he's so cute, so much the type of man that I like, and his voice is so beautiful.

So here it goes, my public letter... You are too cute, Chris Martin, but why did you choose Gwyneth?

G

Genevieve

I just bought a Coldplay CD yesterday! A Rush of Blood to the Head Some songs are a lil depressing to me.. but I liked the CD on the whole..

M

Maria

Gen, I find their lyrics in general a bit weak...I adore the melodies, though...they should probably get someone to write better lyrics for their songs.

I don't get "Yellow" at all...it gives me (I am not a native speaker, so maybe the problem is all there) the impression that they just wanted to use the word yellow and then they did it, but without making sense...or is it me the problem?

T

Tru

I have downloaded

almost all their songs. I love the song "Yellow" to me it is a love song. He starts with the stars and they were shining just for her and golden "yellow" so he starts there and calls the song "yellow". He then talks about how her skin and bones come together to make something so beautiful...yellow..and since the stars were yellow and stars are luminescent that is how he is picturing her skin and her. It goes on and I may be all wrong here but to me it is a beautiful love song. :)

V

VenusScorpio

Two thumbs up for these guys,Coldplay!! I like listening to their music, especially the Scientist. Chris Martin is an undeniably cutie.:cool:

M

Maria

Tru, you should be a school teacher! I finally got the yellow thing...I also love Beautiful world but the lyrics, again, are not very rich...Scientist is great, Venus...

D

datura81

Both of Coldplay's cds are very special to me. I was going through difficult times when I bought both of them, so that's probably why. My song of 2003 would have to be "Clocks". As for "Yellow", I really don't think they just wanted to say "yellow" over and over again. Yellow is usually associated with light and warmth, or a kind of glow, which most people find comforting or beautiful or something like that. That's my interpretation, but I find it makes sense to the rest of the song. Everything seemed yellow to him because of this girl, or being in love. Awwww. :)

See, I looked at these smilies, and they were all yellow.....

C

Carazy

OK I finally did it ...

bought the Coldplay cd, I mean ... ^^ :p Well, have been debating with myself all summer if to get it, because tbh, they sound like a solid mix of Radiohead and U2 to me ... (and I have enough of those, so why get a blend?! ;) )

But, with the Indian Summer now coming to Germany, the songs are nice and mellow, and yes, I just love clocks :(

Still, give me back my good ol' Radiohead / Verve times :D

V

VenusScorpio

My teenage son tells me yesterday that he really likes the song "Clocks" by Coldplay and he plans on buying the CD. I was actually surprised , as he usually listens to hip/hop and some alternative. :D

M

Maria

Danika, nobody wanted to go with you? Are these people crazy? I would go do their laundry, wash their dishes if I had to!! I would clean their shoes, whatever!

Some people have no taste! :D

M

Maria

OH, yes, if I had him in front of me, I wouldn't need any eye drops ever again in my life.....
222.gif