What's new
Ageless Love

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great LDR Links

whiterose

Administrator
I mentioned in another thread a wonderful website regarding research done on LDR's. Well, the original URL to that site has changed, but I managed to find it. They had redesigned their site.

Here it is. It was a study on LDR's of American couples, but I think that the statistics could apply to any LDR, no matter how far:

THE CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS

Because this information is so valuable, I am going to stick this thread. Everyone can then add more posts to the thread with great links to info on LDRs as well.

Enjoy :)

S

starseemtoweep

Cool

It's very intersting web site,thank u very much

R

Rob

whiterose said:
I mentioned in another thread a wonderful website regarding research done on LDR's. Well, the original URL to that site has changed, but I managed to find it. They had redesigned their site.

Here it is. It was a study on LDR's of American couples, but I think that the statistics could apply to any LDR, no matter how far:

THE CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS

Because this information is so valuable, I am going to stick this thread. Everyone can then add more posts to the thread with great links to info on LDRs as well.

Enjoy :)

I only just thought to look at this, but it is very interesting. And nice to know that me and my g/f were doing most of what they say we ought to do to make sure it 'works' too!

The bit about feeling a part of each others life I think was interesting. I remember once feeling like I wasn't for a while and that hurt. Luckily my g/f understood tha and we always make an effort to be a part of each others daily lives as much as possible.

Bob's babydoll

Love is patient...
A

Avia

I just ordered 2 copies of Dr. Guldner's book, one for me and one for my YM. It shipped today so I will hopefully have it by the end of the week. This is a terrific website, thanks for posting the link!

N

nbr2005

Thank you from Adam's Girl

Dear Whiterose,

Not only am I new to this website Agelesslove.com, but I'm also in a one month relationship with a younger man and it is a long distance relationship as well! I am 41 and he'll be 31 this October. A 10-year 6-month gap. According to what I've read online so far about OW/YM, this is "a significance age difference." What I've also read is "age difference doesn't matter." Adam and I first met online, as friends, at ChristianMingle.com. We were also prayer partners on the telephone. We are 374 miles apart. He in Southern California and I in Northern California. When we finally met face to face last month, it was at a Christian Concert in Monterey, CA. We hugged when we met for the first time and truly enjoyed ourselves at the concert. That night, he told me he was falling in love with me. I was caught a bit surprised! As the days went by, we continued to talk on the phone, e-mail each other, and I flew down to see him a week ago. That's when we talked about a lot of things, especially the age difference. We didn't talk much about LDR. I'm the one more worried about the age difference. He said, "What matters most, Norie, is your heart." About a LDR, now that is something he and I need to really sit down and talk about. The website you recommended was most helpful. A study about LDRs is more substantial than one's opinion about them. Thank you for your help.

whiterose

Administrator
Welcome to Agelesslove Norie! There are many of us in age gap, long-distance relationships. Some from various states within the US, some from other countries, and some between the US and other countries. :)

If you have qualms about the age difference, or even about the long-distance, you'll find lots of great people here who can offer you advice or support.

So, post away and you'll soon get to know other people here.

C

ChicagoGal

I Love This Site

So much to read & learn.

Thank you White Rose for the link to information!

M

miu

I am very surprised not to find any cautionary LDR links posted in this thread. Google up "internet romance scams" for many links on the subject. But this must mean that no one yet on this site has fallen victim to an internet con artist... and yay to that!

I

inLove4eva

they can work

i just wanted to say LDR's can work. I am an older woman, married to a younger man. Our relationship started out as an LDR and it was rocky at first. But with good, crystal clear communication (even talking when we didn't feel like it or being so honest it hurt) we made it thru.:yes:

so keep positive.
Also, here is a good article with some nice points. Some we already know but it's good to be reminded.
http://www.socyberty.com/Women/Long-distance-love-can-work.71031

whiterose

Administrator
i just wanted to say LDR's can work. I am an older woman, married to a younger man. Our relationship started out as an LDR and it was rocky at first. But with good, crystal clear communication (even talking when we didn't feel like it or being so honest it hurt) we made it thru.:yes:

so keep positive.
Also, here is a good article with some nice points. Some we already know but it's good to be reminded.
http://www.socyberty.com/Women/Long-distance-love-can-work.71031

I just read that article and I see that the author is a "Divyne Miss M." We have a member here with a very similar name!

And welcome, by the way!

Z

Zebby42

Here is an article that I found while looking more into LDRs since I recently have gotten into one. The site seems to cover alot of aspects of dating though, but I have not fully explored it. I did however read the article in the following link:

http://lovesagame.com/a-very-special-long-distance-relationship-tip/

It gives a few good tips on how to cope with a LDR, and i found it pretty informative. Who knows, you might find other info there that you need as well.

A

AsianBeauties

Great to hear so many success stories - LDRs can work! I know of many happy couples who have found long lasting love and while it may be challenging at times, they find it totally worth doing. :)

Perthgirl1

I am very surprised not to find any cautionary LDR links posted in this thread. Google up "internet romance scams" for many links on the subject. But this must mean that no one yet on this site has fallen victim to an internet con artist... and yay to that!

My colleague talked to a guy online for 3 months. She is 37. He said he was 18. He was a virgin. Started a new job. Told her he was being sexually harassed by the women at work and then told her they had raped him. She did everything she could to help him. Talked him into going to a lawyer... even rang lawyers for him (in Scotland). They swapped pics but he would never skype her. She was absolutely besotted with this guy. Talked about getting married. He was talking about moving to Aus to be with her. He planned a trip to Perth to see her. Three weeks before he was due to arrive in Perth, she started pushing for him to go on Skype so she could see him 'live'. He refused. He ended up deciding to come clean with her - he isn't 18 at all. He is a 70 year old widower. The photos he sent her were of his 17 year old grandson. She was absolutely devastated. Even the name he'd given her was false. She told everyone he died - because in an essence he did... to her anyway. She only confided in me because I am in long distance relationship and she wanted to make sure same thing wasnt happening to me. She feels like a complete idiot - her words, not mine. She was completely taken in by him. Worst part is, he couldn't see that he'd done anything wrong. Because he'd come clean. She said she might have been able to forgive him if he had accepted responsibility for it. She tried to keep the relationship going - she really did love him. But she couldnt trust him and ended it