What's new
Ageless Love

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Older women, younger men, can it last?

Lotus

yes it can but highly dependent on the OW

Mine lasted 7 years, it was when I became insecure and acting out that it ended. After a while age doesn't matter anymore. It's about two people in a relationship. If you appreciate your younger man and give him space to grow (not dependent on you) then it should be ok.

fiorinda

Mine lasted 7 years, it was when I became insecure and acting out that it ended. After a while age doesn't matter anymore. It's about two people in a relationship. If you appreciate your younger man and give him space to grow (not dependent on you) then it should be ok.

You say it ended when YOU started acting out (what does that mean?) and became insecure, but maintain the staying power of the relationship is dependent on the woman. That doesn't really make sense. Also, you can't generalise from your one experience and apply that to all other OW/YM relationships.

My relationship with my husband works for many of the same reasons any relationship does, and they've got nothing whatsoever to do with our ages. I do hate generalisations!!

SheLikesKitties

OW/YM 21YR GAP
Judging from divorce stats worldwide, not all relationships last, no matter the age of the parties. The important thing to remember about OW/YM relationships is that they do not have a built-in expiration date. They may last forever, or just a few months. The age gap is only as important as the parties want to make it.

LunaLove

Judging from divorce stats worldwide, not all relationships last, no matter the age of the parties. The important thing to remember about OW/YM relationships is that they do not have a built-in expiration date. They may last forever, or just a few months. The age gap is only as important as the parties want to make it.

Excellent video, thanks for sharing. I had decided just before we married that I didn't care how long it lasted, every day I have with him is a gift. I know how much he loves me and I love him just as much back. We may grow apart some day, like any couple, but I won't let that ruin what we have now. Honestly though, I feel that we have what it takes to last and our commitment to this relationship is total. :yes:

earl_wh

She makes some very good points

I haven't been on here for quite awhile, but I've made the same point that she makes -- if a younger guy knows that a woman is significantly older than him and is interested in her anyway, you know that he's not obsessed by youth. That's more than can be said when a young woman marries a guy her age or older.

Joan Collins has been married six times. The most recent marriage is also the longest-lasting one. Her husband is 32 years younger than her, and they still seem very happy together.