What's new
Ageless Love

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VERy strange side effect: (stress)

Blue-Angel75

Blue Angel
Hello all,

As some of you may know I am in the health industry and have been in it for many years ( 18)
I know my body pretty well, I am intuned with it.

Last year when my engagement was going through its finaly stages, and she and I were breaking up, stress took over of course, and as it should be expected. One of the signs of stress was that I would get this woody scent. I don't smoke or anybody around me.
It is a very fine cigar-like smell that takes over my nose. Over this past 2012 year I tend to get it very strong from time to time.

During December the side effect came back again VERY strong as it did in the past.

Of course dreading spending xmas in this house alone (rather be alone than in bad company by the way) the scent has come back, and it really feels like a strong cigar is lite up.

LOTS of stress during December and going into the final days of the year.

Has anybody else experienced similar sensory side effects due to stress??

BA

pinkunicorn

The body reacts in very strange ways sometimes. I've never had that kind of reaction to stress. But I can tell when I'm going to get sick. I smell a faint "sick" smell (really, I can't describe it any other way without being gross) a few days before I come down with something--even if it's just the sniffles.

So now that I know that, whenever I start smelling "sick" in the air, I let my boss know and we do muscle testing until we figure out what it is I'm coming down with, so we know what I need to do to head it off at the pass!

MissMuffins

I think of "stress" as a type of "system overload." When I feel like I'm stressed out, I'm more easily affected by my emotions and the emotions of others. I'm more sensitive to light, noise and fragrance, and can't tolerate certain textures--like scratchy sheets, the seams in my socks or underpants, or any "poky" or "scratchy" tag in my clothing.

The week that I spent off work, recuperating from stress-related symptoms, I was much more sensitive to scents and tastes than usual. It drove my SO nuts. He does the cooking and cleans the fridge. That week, I asked "when did we buy that?" or "where did we get that?" or "does this taste funny to you?" about almost everything he served, because I thought everything smelled of ammonia or tasted of vinegar.

Here's another thought--the scent of tobacco could be an awareness of a spiritual presence. The scent of tobacco is often associated with the presence of ghosts; Native Americans and First Nations peoples use tobacco in some of their sacred practices.

MM

Blue-Angel75

Blue Angel
SLK my system is working perfectly, there has been no signs of, nor I have experienced any illness or weakness.
I am as healthy as they come :)

Missmuffins you had to go and scare the life out of me hu? :D I believe in stuff like that.
I first experienced this effect back in 2011 when Lynn and I were splitting up. I then started to take note of it, that only under duress, or very stressfull situations would I pick up the cigar scent strongly.

When she and i were going throug the break up, I would be at work and I would smell the cigar-like, I would also notice the scent IN the car.
I don't know what to do abou it...there is always going to be some kind of stress in my life, this is expected. So I guess I am always going to experience this.

Unless I go so my reiky master for a session, and see what she says also.

Chi77 do you have any ideas on reall good detox :eek::bgrin2: do you sweety?

Blue Angel

Blue-Angel75

Blue Angel
So did you ever find out what was the scent? Could it be low carbs? (ketosis)

You;ve read some of my posts :D

I go into ketosis often, generally 4-6 months out of the year into competitions. Could be a possibility, but I do not think its related to it.

BA

MissMuffins

Missmuffins you had to go and scare the life out of me hu? :D I believe in stuff like that.
I first experienced this effect back in 2011 when Lynn and I were splitting up. I then started to take note of it, that only under duress, or very stressfull situations would I pick up the cigar scent strongly.

When she and i were going throug the break up, I would be at work and I would smell the cigar-like, I would also notice the scent IN the car.
I don't know what to do abou it...there is always going to be some kind of stress in my life, this is expected. So I guess I am always going to experience this.

Unless I go so my reiky master for a session, and see what she says also.

Go see what your reiki master says. ;)