What's new
Ageless Love

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you remember?

Jody<3

Registered member
A couple ladies at work were talking today about the things they remember growing up and as teenagers...I know we are all different generations and ages here, but what sort of things do y'all remember?
For example..Am I the only person on earth who remembers the Speed Buggy cartoon? Or Grape Ape? Does anyone remember the Smurfs and Smurfberry crunch cereal? Does anyone besides me remember when it took two hours and a whole can of hairspray to get "big hair" done just right for school? I remember getting our first VCR, and the thing was so big it needed its own stand! lol
Come on you guys, give me some reminders here of other great memories to remember.....

T

Tyger74

My favorite was Choco Crunch cereal by Capt Crunch. I had that one and it was awesome. I also remember Mr. T cereal too! I remember watching shows like Manimal..a guy that can change into wild animals to fight crime. I also love this short tv series where this guy who is a cop that has this device that can create a car out of a single push of a button from his car alarm. It's like Wonder Woman's invisible jet. I also love watching the 60's sci fi program called the "Time Tunnel". I remember Speed Buggy cartoons cuz I watch them. I also watched the original speed buggy with real people. I remember having T&C stickers(town and country). I also had the 3rd edition of the garbage pail kids trading cards. I had the first issue of garbage pail kids but someone stole it.

O

onetiger

I remember watching the Tom & Jerry cartoon & thinking that what they were doing was so bad (now look at the cartoons!). I watched the Cosby show religiously. I had a lunch pail that had Batman & Robin on it...from the original show! I remember my mom making me wear bell bottom plaid pants! As a teenager I remember the black rubber bracelets...and you'd wear tons of them. Cut-off sweatshirts (Flashdance). Leggings & leg warmers. funny haircuts (my winner was one that was short on one side & long on the other!). The Preppy Handbook (hated it!). Purses where you could detach covers and put on new ones. I remember watching Star Wars...the first one that came out...on the big screen!

Jody<3

Registered member
Ohmigod...leg warmers. Euuuwwww...lol! Isn't it funny how things change? I look at my kids now with their flare-leg pants, big clunky shoes and shirts with the little sayings on them....and I think, aha, I now know what my parents were thinking 20 years ago...lol.
I remember seeing Star Wars when it first came out. I think my brother had every single Star Wars toy ever made.
I remember watching Captain Kangaroo on television before elementary school in the mornings, and feeling sorry for that poor moose who always had all the ping-pong balls drop on his head. Anyone else watch that?
We were the first people in our neighborhood to get cable, and I remember watching the very first video on MTV that was ever shown, and thinking to myself "I don't think this will ever catch on". LOL
I also thought Jon Bon Jovi was the hottest man ever to be placed on the earth... *smiles*

Desert Spring

You are reading a post by the queen of leg warmers. My adolescent self must've had about 50 pairs. OK - I had an excuse - I was taking daily dancing classes - but still .....

And yes, when no one is looking I'm still capable of throwing a pair on over my jeans at home.

Boyfriend gets a slightly worried look on his face :D

O

onetiger

I loved Captain Kangaroo. Remember the show that had the two women...and the daisies who giggled? Or am I mixing it up with something else? Can't remember!

I loved Duran Duran...absolutely gaga! John was my main man!

R

Rbick33

Stuck in the 80's STILL!

This was a great topic post! :)

I am still loving the music from the 80's and early 90's...anything from Prince, Talking Heads, Duran Duran, Pet Shop Boys, The Cars, Def Leppard...okay, I'll stop now before I start freaking out everyone :)

I actually found this great board game online the other day in which you hear lyrics from the 70's and 80's and try to answer trivia questions amongst friends. It's called "For The Record."

As a kid, I also loved PogoBall, Micro Machines, anything Double Dare, and of course, my stylish Jeans Jacket. :)

- Randy

N

Nessa

I remember

big hair
farah fawcett posters
patches on my jeans
buffalo sandles
blue eyeshadow
speed racer
the electric company
guacho pants
Friday night tv the partridge family and the brady bunch (my kids still are amazed that i can sing all the theme songs to all these shows)
crushes on: bobby sherman, david cassidy, donny osmond

my bedroom was lemon yellow and lime green
disco dancing and acetate dresses

last nite my new YM played something he had downloaded the theme from The Banana Splits oh the memories

HR Pufenstuff Jack Wilde and Mark (damn what was his last name he played Oliver)

oh off i go into a teenage reverire....

H

HotCaramel

Lester, Mark Lester Nessa!

What a cutie he was! I had the biggest crush on Bobby Sherman. My daughter laughed at me so hard when she saw "Here Come The Brides" (remember that little stint with him and Bridgett what's her name?) She said you could pitch a tent on his Adam's Apple!!!LOL :p You know he works with a Special Paramedics Force here in Los Angeles. I went to see him a few years back where he performed at the Orange County Fair along with Davy Jones, Peter Townsend, and a host of other entertainers of that era. I LOVED it. :) He still performs in those tight black leather pants, and his ass is still tight as a drum:D

You want to hear something funny? Someone threw a pair of undies at the stage when he was performing just like they did back in the day!

My bedroom walls were wallpapered with Davy Jones, Bobby Sherman, David Cassidy, and that guy from "Alias Smith and Jones" (the dark haired one, can't even remember is name) posters. I entered every "win a date with..." I could.
:cool:

H

HotCaramel

OOOOOOPS, I GOOFED!!!

What the hell is in this drink? I meant to say Peter Noone, not Peter Townsend!

Peter Noone is the lead singer of Herman's Hermits and Townsend is well Who I guess.

Sorry to the fans of both for mixing them up.:eek:

Woo Hooo three cheers for Tiger Beat!

Joanalee, you want to know about hair? I am 5'3" if I stand on my tippies, but when my sister got through teasing my hair and doing the beehive on my head, I shot up to 5'10":eek: and I had so much blue eyeshadow on that I looked neon:D

I like this thread, thanks Joanalee;)

M

Mrs Robinson

agh, 80's flashback...

I do miss leg warmers, being able to wear a skirt in the middle of winter without your knees getting frostbite. Although I saw an "Ecko" ad in Cosmo recently and the woman in it had on a pair of them. Perhaps they will become the latest hip-hop fashizzle and I can have warm knees in winter again.

I remember polka dots, new wave music (hated it), really bright colors (neon fuschia and turquoise), cooking your hair with aqua net and a curling iron to get that vertical bang look.

Knight Rider, Chips, Battlestar Galactica, Voltron and Star Blazers. Heavy Metal.

Balloon pants, pinstripe baggy jeans, Gloria Vanderbilt, prarie skirts, and dressing like Madonna. Black patent Connie pumps. Big shirts, stirrup pants, tshirts tied up on one hip.

Video game arcades for adults, with a liquor license. The one near where i went to college was called "Electronics 101". Centipede, Galaga, and the ever popular and seemingly eternal: Pac-Man (they now have a version for the PS2). One thing we have, thanks to the fact that my fiance's a Pac-maniac and a computer genius-a vintage stand-up arcade machine that's been gutted, and a PC installed inside and now plays over 400 classic 80s video games.

N

Nessa

and one more thing

oh thansk HC for Lester... Mark Lester

Puka Shells
Mood Rings
peanut jeans
bubble shirts

and sadly?

MIA/PIA bracelets

X

xmasbaby

Those little pink rubber balls that entertained us for hours ..

Metal skates with keys

Suede vests with fringes .. anything with fringes!

Platform shoes that made me 6' tall

Vinyl lp's .. the needle breaking on the record player .. ugh

Tiny braids on both sides of my head

Silly putty and the Sunday comics

The Dave Clark 5, Beatles, The Monkees .. then on the Led Zeppelin, Jim Morrison (the ultimate 'bad boy'), Woodstock .. the rest is history ..

Laying on the bed to zipper your jeans

Rolling your skirt up after you left the house

.....ahhh to be young without a care in the world .....

M

Mrs Robinson

xmasbaby said:
Laying on the bed to zipper your jeans

with a coat hanger...

the fun was getting up once the jeans were zipped.

S

SnowPrincess

Oh gosh lol, I still lay on the bed to zipper up my pants :D

Shaun Cassidy
Tube Tops
Tube socks with the stripes
beaners (speed)
Hash Jeans
Hashish
TV's all in the Family
Mash
guys in short shorts lololol

P

Polly

Okay kids, I remember when The Brady Bunch was on PRIME TIME T.V.!!! So was the Partridge Family and a little later...The Dukes of Hazzard!

I remember when PET ROCKS were popular.

Puka necklaces? I just bought one this summer! Earrings to match! :(

MOOD RINGS!!!

Led Zeppelin was my religion!

I'll have to think more on this....."I'll be back"!

C

Cindy

Hot Caramel!

I had to check your age on your profile because all the stuff you mentioned hit me in the head. And sure enough, we're right about the same.

Except I can never remember anything; I was fairly well stoned from 14 to 24, and then drunk from 24 to 34. So it takes alot to get me remembering.

I remember the Beatles in Portland in like 1965, Dave Clark Five, Herman's Hermits, then those horrible Stones came along. What gross looking, disrespectful looking guys there were. That lasted about one year and since then they are my favorites along with a hundred others.

Empire waists, long hair, straight long bangs, wool plaid shorts, knee high socks and penny loafters. Leather jackets.

My first boyfriend, my first car accident at 16 soon after my license. Too much to remember.

Cindy

P

Polly

In high school, a bag of pot sold for $25 and it was so big, you couldn't fold over the top of the baggie. It was $35 for the REALLY good stuff! Blotter acid was the hit at camp-outs. Jack Daniels was the drink of choice, although we'd settle for anything our minor hands could get a hold of, including Godawful cheap beer (ever hear of Falls Staff or Iron City?)

Anyone remember "peasant dresses"? Oh yeah, and those mirror sunglasses that were kind of shaped like a fly's eye? What about EARTH SHOES??? How about how we used to braid our hair in a bunch of little braids when it was wet, and unbraid it the next morning and wear it to school?

I remember watching E.T. at a DRIVE-IN. I was in my 1977 Buick Lasabre, which could comfortably seat about 50 people, and cost a thousand dollars to go five miles. But that was early 80's...getting back to the 70's...

I remember when UHF t.v. had those syndicated shows on every day...Petticoat Junction, Andy Griffith, Leave it to Beaver, LASSIE!!! What show was Petticoat Junction a spin-off from...GREEN ACRES? Once I had mononucliosis, and had to stay home from school for two months. I watched those shows all day. I can still remember some of the episodes.

I thought Captain Kangaroo was local (Cincinnati). Was he National? I remember him well, my favorite kiddie show. Mr. Green Jeans was on there. Captain Kangaroo had a really funky haircut, like "Moe" on the three stooges, only the Captains curled under a little bit, but he had those weird, straight bangs. Mr. Rogers is from Cincinnati. That guy was WEEIIIRRRD! I watched him when I did acid in high school with some friends. He freaked us out!

OMG! Remember PONCHOS???

N

Nessa

Polly said:
"peasant dresses" mirror sunglasses that were kind of shaped like a fly's eye? EARTH SHOES??? How about how we used to braid our hair in a bunch of little braids when it was wet, and unbraid it the next morning and wear it to school?

I remember watching E.T. at a DRIVE-IN.
I remember when UHF t.v. had those syndicated shows on every day...Petticoat Junction, Andy Griffith, Leave it to Beaver, LASSIE!!! What show was Petticoat Junction a spin-off from...GREEN ACRES? Once I had mononucliosis, and had to stay home from school for two months. I watched those shows all day. I can still remember some of the episodes.

I thought Captain Kangaroo was local (Cincinnati). Was he National? I remember him well, my favorite kiddie show. Mr. Green Jeans was on there. Captain Kangaroo had a really funky haircut, like "Moe" on the three stooges, only the Captains curled under a little bit, but he had those weird, straight bangs. Mr. Rogers is from Cincinnati. That guy was WEEIIIRRRD! I watched him when I did acid in high school with some friends. He freaked us out!

OMG! Remember PONCHOS???

peasant dresses remember them
midi skirts
i have a picture of me in a poncho i must scan it
what about romper room with miss sally and miss nancy (oh the scandal of her abortion)

Polly the vision of Mr Rogers on Acid popped into my head and just about did me in LOL