What's new
Ageless Love

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's for dinner?

joelstrouble

Silence! I'll kill you!
I always have problems figuring out what to have for dinner so I thought that a thread about what everyone has could give some tips on new or old forgotten dishes to make dinner a little more exciting!

Today we are having pork, broccoli, bernaise sauce and potatoes :p

G

grumpysgirl

I am making a beautiful chicken stirfry on some tossed garlic and butter noodles

Z

Zapped1x

[QUOTE=joelstrouble;579269]I always have problems figuring out what to have for dinner so I thought that a thread about what everyone has could give some tips on new or old forgotten dishes to make dinner a little more exciting!

Today we are having pork, broccoli, bernaise sauce and potatoes :p[/
QUOTE]

Well, I am not exactly a chef...but tonight I am grilling some chicken breasts that have been marinading for two days in a garlic/onion marinade...serving with fresh corn on the cob and olive oil basted grilled potato's.....and the ever present tosse chopped salad...desert is some fresh fruit and cheese...

Normally I would have a salad....a glass of wine and a handful of walnuts...but I have a friend coming for dinner tonight...this is pulling out the stops for me....other than I do make some kick hiney good homemade soups...

Blessings, Jann

Redhead

This topic is another very good idea.

During the week I often eat at the company cafeteria. So most of my contributions here will be on the weekend.

Two weekends ago I cooked pumpkin soup with ginger and cream of coconut and plenty of spices, and I made ****tail meat balls (small ones).

Last weekend I cooked "Gulasch", a European meat dish, usually beef in tomato sauce (2 hours cooking time), with wild rice and bellpeppers alongside.

How would you like it if we started a new topic for recipes? Split by baking and cooking? Alternatively we could post here, but then the topic might become very lengthy and the recipes might be hard to find.

joelstrouble

Silence! I'll kill you!
Today I think we will just have whatever is in the fridge! Maybe I'll fry up some eggs and bacon or something like that :p

W

whyme

Over my adult life I have planned, cooked, and cleaned up approximately 50,000 meals (I took some off for nights out).

I hardly cook at all now, except for Xmas. My pans are dented, my wooden spoons worn to a nub, and my brain is mush when it comes to meal planning. Last night I baked a chicken breast, cooked some green beans, and had fresh peaches for dessert. That's about as fancy as I get nowadays.

M

Mr.Chef

here's an easy one if your in a rush and in a mood for some hot dogs.

*Bacon Cheese Franks

8 hot dogsCheddar cheese cut in strips. 8 slices of bacon

Slice hot dog lengthwise 2/3 deep. Fill each hot dog with cheese. Wrap each one with a slice of bacon. Broil until bacon is done (about ten minutes). Good served with baked beans and cole slaw.

Z

Zapped1x

i miss this thread....

tonight i had sushi! :D yummy!!!

Tonight I had some of the leftover chicken from last night chopped up and put on a green salad w/balsamic dressing and a piece of garlic toast....I also had fresh peaches for desert along with a few raspberries ...oh and a glass Syrah....

Blessings, Jann

W

whyme

We had homemade Pizza at my brother's place today :D

I want to eat with you!

I am getting nice fresh tomatoes from the garden now, so tonight I am stuffing one with tuna salad and having a tall glass of ice tea. I have been working in the yard and need a cooling supper (in the Midwest our "supper" is your "dinner").

joelstrouble

Silence! I'll kill you!
You are more than welcome to come eat with us one day!!! :D

Right now you could come for a glass (or two) of red wine :p

whiterose

Administrator
I have rarely been cooking lately because I'm usually too tired, but tonight I grilled chicken breasts and steamed some fresh asparagus with dices of vidalia onions. Cooked peas for my daughter because she won't eat asparagus.

Just MiMi

Whatever they are serving in the D-fac. The food on base is quite good. We have sea-food, cornish hens, baked chicken, turkey, ham, and of course fast food like hamburgers & hot dogs.

We enjoy a mango salad which is delicious. The dressing tastes like italian with honey. Lots of red, green, & yellow peppers and a touch of red pepper.

We also have a wonderful fresh fruit/salad bar with home-made bread. There is a dessert bar that equals the finest restraunts. Fudge cheese cake, carrot cake, sweet potato pie, pecan pie and....Baskin Robbins ice cream.

I miss cooking however. Thanks for this thread.

Redhead

@pennyslander
What does d-fac mean?

@all
Potatoes, mince meat, tomoato sauce, white cheese (Greek cheese) + redwine tomato sauce baked in the oven.

Just MiMi

D-Fac stands for dining facility in the military. Much nicer than chow hall!

It's wonderful watching these young men and women sit and enjoy a real meal together.

The MRE's aren't bad either. That stands for meals ready to eat. They have vegetarian, Kosher, mexican, and things that resemble swiss steak. If our trucks are detained we must eat those.

We enjoy many of the comforts of home.

W

whyme

OMG, reading this thread is bringing out the long-buried Suzie Homemaker in me. I am fixing rice with minced, sauteed zucchini, diced tomatoes, and (artificial) bacon bits tonight.

Bing cherries are finally ripe, so I will have a handful for afters and enjoy my purple tongue. :tongue2: