What's new
Ageless Love

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHO WE ARE: Short Bios of OW/YM members

Z

zach

just would like to add mine since I am new here, found this place by accident and its pretty great.
everyone seems so full of life, its different from other places, cant seem to find any heckling yet (maybe i just havent seen all the threads)
anyways i'm a student in the UK just for info, not much else to add i guess.
take care people.

T

TERM32

Hi All....
My name is John and I'm a board newbie!
STATUS: Currently VERY Single! Creative, Down To Earth and Easy Going.
LOOKS: 5'10, 168, Dimples, Light Blue Eyes, Dirty/Dark Blond Hair, Clean Cut.
German/Irish/Spanish/English Mix! A Mutt!
LOCATION: 20 minutes north of NYC and 10 Minutes from the NJ line(Rockland County,NY)
HOBBIES: Travel, Music, Movies(I LOVE Film!!!), Reading, Art...Meeting new people(OW).
JOB: Graphic Designer for an Electronics Firm
COLLEGE: School of Visual Arts in NYC
FAVORITE AUTHORS: Harlan Ellison, Robert Graves, Clive Barker, Richard Matheson...
FAVORITE MUSIC: I'm pretty open to alittle of everything: from Jazz(Dave Brubeck) to old school Metal (Judas Priest) to Classical...unless its Rap, not into Rap.
I've preferred dating Older Women most of my adult life, it all started when I was 22 and she was 46. That relationship lasted 3 years and we parted as good friends.I've always found there is less BS when dating an OW, they are more creative and open to trying new things in life.
Feel free to say 'Hi" sometime!
:)
John

R

Robyn_Hood

Question?

Hello John

Welcome.

Movies(I LOVE Film!!!),

Ok then, ONE film you love, and WHY.

You will score points for choice, interpretation and, particularly, telling me something I don't know.

Now there's a challenge...

Robyn
;) ;) ;)

E

Eratosthenes

I only recently discovered this site, and enjoyed reading the bios here. Some very fascinating people who visit here!

Myself, I'm a 26 year old hetero male, single, currently living in Washington, DC, until August 1st. Then I'll be in Seoul, Korea, for a year or more, teaching English. Otherwise I'm a Virginia boy, and have lived all over the state at one time or another.

Mathematics and Psychology major, I enjoy Psychology more, but have found Mathematics to be more...lucrative...in the job field. :) I was a Data Analyst for a financial firm for almost five years out of college, got tired of working there, so I quit. Spent the next year playing the stock market, making decent cash, until it went haywire. :) Now, it's off to Korea!

Eventually, I'd like to get into either counselling (family or crisis), or become a paramedic (I'm a liscensed EMT in Virginia), though both fields require more schooling, and vows of poverty. :/

I enjoy hiking, mountain biking, opera, reading (everything from mathematic/history books to trashy detective novels), meeting new and interesting people, online and offline computer games, and generally having a good time.

I've had the pleasure of being involved with a number of older women, for various reasons. I fell in love with one, though she did not feel the same way. Most are more along the lines of 'friends with benefits' kind of relationships, though I do greatly value their friendships. I enjoy older women because they tend to be more mature (it's not only guys that can be immature :) ), and more confident, and usually aren't afraid to tell you what they want/need.

I don't watch much TV - about the only thing I watch religiously is Buffy, the Vampire Slayer...it's da best! I enjoy movies from all genres - my personal favs are 'Strictly Ballroom' and 'The Sound of Music', though I think 'Die Hard' is a terribly romantic, heart-wrenching work of art. ;)

Hrm...that's all, folks. If you happen to visit Korea, give me a holler! :)

G

Garth

31 y.o. male in Stuart, FL

Hi there, my name is Garth and I'm in Stuart, FL which is about 40 minutes north of Palm Beach. A few months ago I had a 3 year relationship end with a woman 12 years older than me, and I am only looking for women older than me now. I enjoyed everything about dating an older woman. I'm 6'2, 210 lbs., brown hair and eyes. I enjoy boating, fishing, sailing, beach, biking, and golf. I love spending time with the person I'm dating, and I do the little things to show her that I care! Flowers, massages, bubble baths, candlelit dinners, etc! All ages welcome, because to me it's about the person, not the age. If you like some of the things I mentioned, then please e-mail me and we'll start getting to know one another. You can send private message or send to cococrkguy@aol.com Look forward to hearing from you!

Attachments

• me2.jpg
    me2.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 138
T

TERM32

Hi Robyn.

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello John
Welcome.
quote:
Movies(I LOVE Film!!!),
Ok then, ONE film you love, and WHY.
You will score points for choice, interpretation and, particularly, telling me something I don't know.
Now there's a challenge...
Robyn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just one Film?
Thats the tricky part!
It really, really depends on my mood....
Comedy:
Duck Soup: One of the ALL time classic comedy films. One I can watch over and over again and it never fails to make me laugh!
PROSECUTOR: Chicolini, where were you born?
CHICOLINI(Chico): I don't remember, I was only alittle baby.

Adventure:
The Adventures of Robin Hood: Old school action that still holds up! Flynn was the man!

Horror:
Suspiria: An italian horror film directed the master Dario Argento. Both shocking and bizarre....turn the light off when you watch this(but make sure you are not alone...).

Drama:
BIG toss up here...
The Godfather(I believe Anthony Quinn was up to play the Don until Coppola gave it to Brando against studio wishes)
or
Citizen Kane(Welles was 25 when he made this and it pretty much killed his career.)
Everytime I watch these two its like a revelation. Timeless filmmaking!

How about you Robyn...? What do you like?
I know I could keep going! LOL!
John

S

suicideblonde

Boy John, I abit in awe....Citizen Kane and the Marx Brothers??? definitely not of your generation! But GREAT taste!

:D

Last edited:
T

TERM32

suicideblonde said:
Boy John, I abit in awe....Citizen Kane and the Marx Brothers??? definitley not of your genertation! But GREAT taste!

Thanks Blonde(a pleasure "meeting" you!),
Not of my generation is right, LOL!
Most of the women I'm friends with (just friends) around the 20's-30ish range tend to be thrown off by some of my fav film choices.
I usually get:
"Marx Brothers....WHO?"
or
"Citizen Kane...is he in the WWF?"
or
"I can't watch a movie thats not in color!"
or
"Do I have to read while I watch (subtitles)?"
or
"I want to watch an Adam Sandler movie....not an OLD movie!"

I'm not kidding about any of the above!
Thats why OW rule!
John

Shewolf

Servant of Bast
Just wanted to say Hi:) ....... an introduce myself:) Have been coming to the forum for months ( as a lurker? lol) an thought that it was about time I joined ....... I am 46, according to the # of candles my daughter put on the cake this year lol ........ A tall, skinny Blonde with blue eyes ....... With a passion for Wolves, hence the nick :) ....... I read, alot!!! lol ....... I am visually disabled (no sight in left eye, 50% loss of visual field in right) result of a tough upbringing and a violent 1st marriage, I have worked hard to overcome the restrictions that this causes, an live my life to the fullest :) .......... As far as I can recall I haven't dated anyone older than myself since I was in my teens lol ...... I just don't seem to get on with guys in my age group, they never seem to be on my wavelength .... Am single at the moment ...... Don't really know what else to say about myself :) ...... Anyway it is nice to meet u all, hope to get to know u all better :)

Attachments

• pic29tiny.jpg
    pic29tiny.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 190
S

suicideblonde

John you had me rolling on the floor!

Are you sure you haven't been eavesdropping in my classroom everytime I say we are going to watch a film???? That is all I hear! Esp. this is in black and white???? Then I have to JUSTIFY why this is a black and white film...sometimes the subject matter just needs it to be (referring to the movie To Kill a Mockingbird where the issue is back and white.) ALSO musicals make them want to commit hari kari, even after I try to explain to them they are a totally American phenonenom!!!! And then I show 1776 and when John Adams, played the William Daniels, the voice of KIt on Knight Rider and Mr. Feeney on the TV show Boy Meets World, comes on and they all yell recognizing those roles of his! Sheesh.... There goes HIS credibility as a forefather!

G

GroundedDreamer

Who I am

Hi there everyone. Roaming, I think this is a wonderful idea. Here Goes:

I am 45 years old, full time employed as a social worker, mother of two school-aged children. I have recently begun an exciting relationship with a man 9 years younger. As with many of you on this board, I didn't plan to become involved with someone younger than myself, it just happened. Since we have only just begun, I'm taking it easy, in terms of expectations and such. Sexually it's delicious and I haven't had this much chemistry in years. I enjoy his excitement, passion, energy. He is steadily and responsibly employed, as am I. I don't want to examine what we have too deeply, but rather let it be what it will. That's not to say I feel tranquil, there is that anxiety present in all new connections, but it's the good sort of anxiety, tinged with excitement and curiosity. He is tender, not overly dependent, yet openly expresses his that intentions are not merely sexual.

T

TERM32

Re: John you had me rolling on the floor!

suicideblonde said:
Are you sure you haven't been eavesdropping in my classroom everytime I say we are going to watch a film???? That is all I hear! Esp. this is in black and white???? Then I have to JUSTIFY why this is a black and white film...sometimes the subject matter just needs it to be (referring to the movie To Kill a Mockingbird where the issue is back and white.) ALSO musicals make them want to commit hari kari, even after I try to explain to them they are a totally American phenonenom!!!! And then I show 1776 and when John Adams, played the William Daniels, the voice of KIt on Knight Rider and Mr. Feeney on the TV show Boy Meets World, comes on and they all yell recognizing those roles of his! Sheesh.... There goes HIS credibility as a forefather!

Blonde,
LOL! See i told you I was not kidding!!!!
I once went to go see the movie Ed Wood with a friend of mine(she was 27 at the time), when the film came on my friend Dani whispers to me "I didn't know Johnny Depp was that old!" I said "What do you mean?" She replied " Well, it MUST be old...its in black and white!"
UGH! Pass the popcorn!
Btw...what level english do you teach? Sound like a pretty cool class to be showing movies! :)
John
p.s. I never had the chance to see 1776...does Mr. Feeney have a good singing voice?

T

TERM32

Shewolf said:
Just wanted to say Hi:) ....... an introduce myself:) Have been coming to the forum for months ( as a lurker? lol) an thought that it was about time I joined .......
Welcome Shewolf....
I just found out about the site and just started posting myself!
How goes it in England? Thats one of 2 countries I've always wanted to visit(the other being Japan).
Maybe one day...
John

E

Eratosthenes

1776 is great! :) Wow...and here I was thinking I was the only one to have seen it outside of HS Humanities class. I actually own the bloomin' thing! :)

And I'd never made the connection with Kit, from Knight Rider!

S

suicideblonde

Answers

Hi again, John and laughing again too regarding Johnny Depp... Sometimes there is just no response to things like that! I teach American literature (11th grade) both reg. and honors. AND we do NOT watch a lot of films, let me clarify that up front! They see bits and pieces of 1776, and after we read a novel or play, if I have time, I will show the movie BUT they have to critique both saying which better presented the author's intended message and why (85% of the time the kids will say the book..YAHOO!). And also since time is short (9 week semesters), I have one film that is used in lieu of the novel, but we treat it like one via discussion after viewing it. So that is how I deal with the video onslaught! Oh Wm Daniels has an ok voice; he usually is talking the words though...but it IS forceful.. I highly recommend it!

Last edited:
T

TERM32

Re: Answers

suicideblonde said:
Hi again, John and laughing again too regarding Johnny Depp... Sometimes there is just no response to things like that!

Blonde,
You are correct...the only reponse I had at the time was a hard banging of my head against the wall!
Thanks for the heads up on 1776...I think it just came out on DVD last month so I'll have to check it out.
John

T

tribecny

Hello,

My name is Pedro. I am 40 and have basically been a lurker, but I have posted here a few times recently. I live in New York-specifically Manhattan (where my handle comes from-I live in Tribeca, I have been there for a very long time). I'm 6' 5" and weigh about 215 lbs(give or take a few). I work at a financial firm(the rent job) but am also a cable TV producer. I have been involved in a few OW/YM relationships and this is why I'm here.

Shewolf

Servant of Bast
TERM32 said:
Welcome Shewolf....
I just found out about the site and just started posting myself!
How goes it in England? Thats one of 2 countries I've always wanted to visit(the other being Japan).
Maybe one day...
John
:) [/B]
Thank u John an Hi I'm Leigh btw......... England is OK at the moment, summer finally got here :) Hoorah, don't have to wear my woolly vest LOL ........ I ain't been to Japan yet either, nearest has been reading novels like Shogun etc :)

T

TERM32

Shewolf said:

Thank u John an Hi I'm Leigh btw......... England is OK at the moment, summer finally got here :) Hoorah, don't have to wear my woolly vest LOL ........ I ain't been to Japan yet either, nearest has been reading novels like Shogun etc :)

Leigh,
Summer finally came to England! Time to break out the swimwear and hit the beach? :)
John

N

Norma Jean

How do I fit my bio into a short form?

Hello all my new friends.

I have been coming on here about 6 weeks now. Never knew there were so many people, that feel as I do.

I'm a 5'6" Irish & Scotch decent. Strawberry blond with hazel eyes(which use to be blue). I was born and raised in a small town in Michigan. From the time I was fourteen, I knew I was in the wrong lifetime.

I feel I am on a journey from a pioneer woman, to a famous novelist. I had a vision, when I was 11, of me as a pioneer girl. Yes, I know it sounds wierd to most, but I swear it on my dear Mother's life. And now, I'm desperately trying to become this novelist.

Along the way on this wried journey, I have been in and out of one relationship into another. Searching for what is missing. It was 5 years ago, after another failed relationship, I made a vow to myself and my higher power, I would give myself and my spirit time to heal and find my true self, in this life time.

Norma Jean has emerged, as who she should have been many, many years ago. From mental and physical abuse, and rape by a man she thought loved her, to a younger man marriage, which was destroyed by his image of her, as his Mother, to the years of carrying her daughter through drug and alcohol abuse, Norma Jean has survived and is more comfortable with herself, then she has ever been. She has proven a human spirit is unbreakabe.

I have now met, thanks to this wonderful site, a very loving, almost in awe of who I am, young man. He has given more to me in the last ten days, then any man I have known in my many years. He is, hopefully, the reason, for this long hard journey.

We all walk our own chosen paths, more then likely taking the wrong fork, now and then. The secret, is to follow the path Fate has chosen for you, do not stray. If you want a loving relationship with someone much younger then you, or much older then you, do not let anyone discourage you. For those who condemn, may be the lost ones.

I did not intend to write this as a speech, but as advise, which Norma Jean wishes she had listened to many years ago. The advise, came from someone very close to her. Her Guardian Angel.

"For it was not into my ear you wishpered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."